❓Do You Have "Server Error" Message Every Morning on Desktop App?

Options
Channing Kelly
Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

Every morning when I start working if I've left MeisterTask open (the desktop app) I am greeted with a "server error" message on a blank white screen and I have to close the app and reopen it. It's not a huge issue, but one more step before I can start working. Anyone else experiencing this?

MeisterTask Version 3.0.6 (3.0.6)
Mac OS Ventura 13.1 (22C65)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Channing Kelly,

I spoke with our devs who said that the 'server error' has many root causes. They assume that in this case, it's caused by the 'new session' that begins when you open your laptop in the morning and the app is open but the wifi isn't connected yet. The desktop app is trying to re-connect but cannot because the laptop hasn't found the wifi immediately. As a result, you get the 'server error' and have to refresh/ reopen the app.

Perhaps you could close the app before finishing in the evening and reopen it freshly in the morning to avoid the server error? I know this isn't as easy as opening your laptop and diving right in…

Best,

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi Channing, I do normally work via web browser, but have tried it out yesterday/today and couldn't reproduce the described behaviour on my Windows machine.

Can you please tell me, what Operating System you work with? I'll then inform the Meister-Team about this strange behaviour.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Channing Kelly
    Options

@Joerg Koper I'm on a Mac running Mac OS Ventura 13.1 (22C65).

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Thanks, Channing 👍️

I have informed the Team and, I think, they'll investigate this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Channing Kelly
    Options

@Miša (can never get it to tag you!) I suppose that's possible, though if that were the case it should be the same in any situation during the day where I sleep or close down the machine and subsequently wake it again and that does not seem to be the case — because it was happening only in the morning I was envisioning there might have been some sort of time out on a login or something that was calling for a fresh session. I'll try to track it for a while and see if I can ascertain any patterns.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Channing Kelly,

You're right. We refresh the app after 12 hours of inactivity which is why it might happen in the mornings.

We will look into this a bit more.

Best,