Edit button ✏️ for the info field

Options
Niko
Niko DE Pro Posts: 2 Beginner
edited August 2023 in MeisterTask Feature Board

I would like to have an edit button for the Info field on the top. It's very annoying when I want to copy something and it always starts to edit the text…

4 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 603 Community Leader
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Niko
    Maybe I just don't get it, but do you mean the following situation:

You have an info text in the info field which is e.g. "fat", and you wrote it like this in the info field:

First look at ** Monday**

and it's shown like this after hit "enter":

First look at Monday

If I'm on the right way try not to click on the info field befor copy the text. Just go with your mouse to the text and mark it. This way it shouldn't "open" the info field and you can copy it by pressing ctrl + c after you marked.

Hope I did understand you correct and could help you in this case. Otherwise let me/us know! 😉

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Niko
    Niko DE Pro Posts: 2 Beginner
    edited August 2023
    Options

Well yes, you got it right. But it's not possible to mark the text before the first click. After the first click it jumps in the edit mode and I have to figure out where the place is I wanted to copy.

I put an example in here (cant post plain markdown). It's demo markdown from here https://markdown-it.github.io/

Try to put it in the info and copy "high quality and fast image"

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 603 Community Leader
    Options

Thanks for your example. I tried it out again. I could reproduce your issue.

First I just marked the hole text in the info field. This way it works. But when I tried to mark only two of 6 "lines" it tooked me into the edit mode.

I give you my voice here. 👍️ Even if I don't need it, 'cause I always have other notes in the info field. 😉
    But I think there are a lot people who have some notes in the info field, which they wanna copy and paste somewhere else.

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Christoph Kulicke
    Christoph Kulicke DE Business Posts: 6 Beginner
    Options

We use the Info-field to share file locations. I often run into the same issue, when trying to copy those links. I like your idea of a button to enter edit-mode. Very simple and elegant solution 👍️