How can I attach emails to meistertask?

Options
Wilfried Adam
Wilfried Adam DE Pro Posts: 3 Beginner
edited August 2023 in Ask the Community

How can I attach emails to meistertask (not making a task out of an email, but attach the email to a task?)

Best Answer

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I know, it works @Chris Cunliffe, but only if you are on your PC. And only if you download it first. And try it on the iPad or iPhone… 😉 there you have to save it every time first before you can open it. And that's not very user friendly. I also don't wanna have every email in my download folder on the pc. 😋

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

Answers

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor
    Options

Hi @publick ,

I have saved an Outlook msg and downloaded a Google Email to my downloads file and uploaded them in the same way as any other attachment. I then checked that I could download and it worked perfectly.

You don't mention what email host you use but the two mentioned above can be attached to MT.

Best

Chris

• Rooster McNugget
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Wilfried Adam

First, I like @Chris Cunliffe's idea. That works of course.

But I think the importen point or the question is, for what or how you wanna use/need the email in MT. If you just wanna have it for checking if needed, then I think the attachement is good. Even when you have to download it every time you wanna read it.

I do it in an other way. Because I wanna read the email without downloading it first every time I need it. So what I do after I get an email which I wanna keep or need in a task is as follows:

1. I forward the email. This way I can see all details of the mail like who send it, when it's sent, and so on and the text it self of course.
    2. Then I copy the hole text and also the sending informations.
    3. I copy everything in "comments" in the specific task.

This way I always can read the email every time without downloading it first. I know, it's not the best way, but I think it's faster then making a taks out from outlook.

Best, Rooster

• Chris Cunliffe
    Options

Hi @publick , @Rooster McNugget

Totally agree with Rooster and that is by far the most usable way of including an email. I usually condense the address detail using [delete] and [shift/enter] just to save space.

Best

Chris

• Wilfried Adam
    Options

Hi,

thank you all. I'hoped to learn a way to get the email (from apple mail) just with drag and drop to the task. Maybe do you know alternative applications wich are able to do this? Or if something like this is on the MT schedule?

• Rooster McNugget
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Wilfried Adam and @Chris Cunliffe

I made a feature request a few (well, a lot of 😉) month ago. Maybe you wanna upvote it to get a better way to add emails to a task.

Best, Rooster

• Chris Cunliffe
    Options

Hi @Wilfried Adam

I have just tried from outlook.
    Drag and Drop creates header details in Comments and adds an attachment which can then be downloaded.

I do not use Apple so I cannot comment on your specific requirement I am afraid.

Best, Chris

• Wilfried Adam
    Options

Yes, @Rooster McNugget , that' exactly my problem …