📊 Feature Request: Improvement of the time tracking reports

Admin BSF.company
Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

This is a feature request to improve the time tracking reports.

Presently, when we watch the time tracking stats https://www.meistertask.com/stats/performance the view is as follows:

Graphic mode:

- Graph of all time tracked for filteres projects, period, and responsible

- 5 users most active

- 5 tasks most relevant

Table mode:

- Just a plain table of tasks with time tracked for each one of them, date, responsible and projects

So, switching between these two views is like viewing a place in Google Earth at two levels:

• Planet level,
  • And street level.
  • Nothing in between.

An example of the drilling experience in this report should be like this:

Global view of time tracked for the whole company (all projects).

After entering the time tracking stats, we should see a table of projects with time tracked, dates, etc., for the selected period. They are ordered from most time tracked to less time tracked (descending).

A quick circular graph is a nice companion for this view. This way, the manager gets a quick view of what project consumed more man-hours during a specific period.

After picking a specific project from this view (drill) the list changes to tasks with time tracked. Same descending ordering as before. 

It's crucial that in this part of the drill, which I call the "project view", we must come up with a quick way of letting the manager know what collaborators participated in the completion of each individual tasks. Ideally, this information of users and time spend should be included in the same tasks table of the project view.

That way, a manager gets the whole view and status of things with just a couple of views.

For example: the task that took most hours in X project took 5 hours. We (the managers) must know which dates were the time tracked, who participated, and how many hours each user spent, with a direct link to the task for further reviewing.

I tried exporting time tracking data sets as CSV to make my own reports with Google Data Studio, but the way the CSV is exported won't allow me to do that.

For some reason, when a user includes line-brakes in the task title, CSV exports that as a line-brake, and GDS does not accept that kind of comma separated data.

I'll leave some complementary images from an alternate solution we use that gives me this kind of features.

Best regards.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

9 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• MiÅ¡a Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Hey @Andres D'Andrea thanks for your idea! I LOVE your Google Maps analogy😃!

Just wanted to reach out because we published a time tracking best practices article two days ago and I thought you might be interested. You can find it here.

We also have best practices articles on Measuring Success with Reports and Assessing Workload. Maybe there'll be something of interest😊.

Best,

Miša

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Thanks for pointing the articles, I'll make sure to check them out @Miša

• Admin BSF.company

After reading this thread, I believe we've got a new supporter for this feature request in @Robert Waldeck

Denken Sie daran, diese Anfragen abzustimmen, mein Freund, und sehen Sie, ob wir mehr Menschen für diese Verbesserungen interessieren können.

Grüße

Andrés D'Andrea.

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Hi Andres,

I totally agree with your points above as these will make project review so much more informative and lead to improvements.

I use Meistertask daily to track time spent on tasks, some of which I charge back to clients. I end up using Harvest for the client side as I need to be able to track time spent each day, on the tasks worked on that day, and I cannot find a current view that allows me to do this. Which is a little frustrating as Meistertask is my chosen program due to the plentiful other features offered.

Chris

• Admin BSF.company

Thanks for your feedback @Chris C, I'll make sure to let you know if this ever gets implemented.

Cheers.

Andres