🥇 Badge of the Month: Online Learning Day/ September

Options
Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,387 Community Admin
edited October 2023 in Community Café

It's a new month, which means a new badge!

Welcome to September's Badge of the Month! As part of our Rewards Program, Badge of the Month gives you an easy way to connect with others, earn a new badge and get 10 points. Your answers don't have to be Meister-related; we'd just like to hear from you 😃.

Want to know the rules? Check out this post.

Already know the rules? Read on to find out what this month is all about!

Badge of the Month: September 2023

September 15th is a day dedicated to celebrating the wonders of online learning. With ever-growing libraries of online courses and resources, new knowledge is right there at our fingertips 👋. As you can imagine, we're passionate about online learning here at Meister, so for this month's badge, please tell us about an online course you've done or would like to do 📚. Let's inspire each other and never stop learning!

Best,

Miša

Comments

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor
    Options

Hi Misa,
    Great idea for this month as I have just signed up for a Complete PowerBI course and a WordPress for beginners (had a domain for ages but never built the website 🍩) so this month will definitely be spent stressing the old grey matter! MeisterNote will obviously be heavily used (shameless plug) as a store for the new knowledge.
    Wish me luck.
    Chris

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    edited September 2023
    Options

Cool badge of the month, @Miša Hennin 😎

I used to learn a lot via the platform creativelive.com for years and some guys, that I had contact via my business to, have taught there too. They offer a lot of free stuff and the platform has a fair pricing concept in my opinion. Lots of stuff for creative minds 💪😉

I think it is very important to find the right teachers for reaching personal targets. People too often give up, because one teacher told them to do so…and that, only because this one teacher wasn't able to convey the information in a comprehensible way.

By the way… I'm offering some nice live workshops (in German) via my agency too, and I am convinced, to be a good teacher 😊

Here they are:

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 603 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Miša Hennin

Nice idea for this badge of the month!

I agree with almost all previous post here. Specially with @Joerg Koper's one about the "right" teacher. I've seen exactly that in my children. The teacher was "bad" and my kids were not motivated. Guess that's a big problem in a lot of schools.

What I also like are Webinars on specific topics. With webinars i get a lot of informations I need or I'm interessted in, in a very short time. And if I wanna know more about a topic I can ask at the same time. A good example is the MeisterLabs webinars.

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin
    Options

Hi all 👋,

I am a total fan when it comes to online lifelong-learning 😍 this badge is so great!!

@Chris Cunliffe how is your learning journey with WordPress going? Do you have any recommendation for a WordPress for beginners course? I might have to look into this as well in the next few weeks.

So, when I first got introduced to MeisterTask and MeisterNote, I took the available online courses on the Academy that were available for MeisterTask. These were sooo super helpful getting me started with the products:

I totally agree with @Richard Vitaris our partner @Liam Hughes from Biggerplate has built an extensive library of useful maps. I also subscribed to his newsletter and love the divers webinars he overs.

But on a personal level, I love diving into very different topics. One platform I really like for some inspirational content is MasterClass. I took the class from Kelly Wearstler about Interior Design. If you are into this type of stuff, then I can highly recommend it!

And one of the very, very best self-paced, online courses I've ever done was with CodeSchool, where I got the hang of the basics of programming. Emphasize on Basics 😅 (It's been 10 years, but the courses were so great, so I just have to mention them.)

My next learning journey is probably going to take me to some courses on AI, because I need to seriously upskill in this area. Does anyone have any recommendations for excellent courses on that subject?

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 165 Mastermind
    Options

Hi Misa,

Great idea. Learning is a life long process.

Try https://www.udemy.com/ a good personal and professional learning platform.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor
    Options

Oh well, all the best laid plans …. I haven't been able to study the two courses mentioned (both were via Udemy) but I have instead learnt more about BPMN 2 standard for Process Diagrams and learnt a new system, provided by a client, to capture discovery maps and then turn them into Process Diagrams.
    Not quite as intended but certainly been stretching the old grey cells …

Chris

This discussion has been closed.