Synchronicity of the Status of a Task from MeisterTask to MeisterNote

Options
Chace Campbell
Chace Campbell MT Tester, EN Pro Posts: 8 Beginner
edited September 2023 in Ask the Community

Is it possible to see whether a task is done that is linked from MeisterNote to MeisterTask?

For example, if I create a task from MeisterNote into MeisterTask, and I later complete the task in MeisterTask (mark it complete, mark it archived), there is no indicator back in MeisterNote that the task is done.

Best Answer

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

hey @Chace Campbell ,

I feel your pain, many of us (me included) use MeisterNote as an overview. So having a quick overview of the next steps and tasks is really crucial for me as well.

I know that the team is working on revamping the big block (as depicted in option 2 above) to a much(!) sleeker and smaller version. That will help tremendously in keeping a good overview in the project. And it will eliminate the need to click off tasks (option 1) AND you will see the status right away 😊

I have already seen the mock-up of the design. It is currently being implemented by our devs team. So the plan is not only in motion, the update is coming in the near future! 😎

Answers

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Chace Campbell ,

that is a good question. At the moment, there are two ways to show tasks in MeisterNote.

The small integration on the left-hand side does not show any progress at the moment. It's just a quick link. You need to open the pop-up to see more information.

If you would like any indicator, then you could go with two approaches:

1. Add a checklist and tick it manually.

2. Or add the task as a content block.

Let me know what you think 😊

• Chace Campbell
    Chace Campbell MT Tester, EN Pro Posts: 8 Beginner
    Options

@Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider

Thank you for the answer. Is there is a plan for the completed task to be seen back in MesiterNote automatically, similar to MindMeister?

We use MeisterNote as an overview of a project, so keeping it streamlined is key. Having to manually click off tasks (option 1) creates an extra step and creates manual error of what has been done and what hasn’t. Imbedding the task (option 2) defeats the streamline overview.

Chace