Feature Request: Option to Pin Comments in Tasks for Better Task Management

Options

Hello MeisterTask Team and Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm a dedicated user of MeisterTask and have been enjoying the platform's robust features that help streamline project management and team collaboration. However, there's a feature that I believe could significantly enhance the user experience: the ability to pin comments within tasks.

Why This Feature Is Important:

1. Quick Access to Important Information: In tasks with numerous comments, scrolling to find important information can be time-consuming. Pinned comments would provide quick access to key details.
  2. Enhanced Team Collaboration: Team members can immediately see the most important comment, ensuring that everyone is on the same page.
  3. Task Clarity: Pinned comments can serve as a summary or highlight the main objective of a task, making it easier for team members to understand what needs to be done.

Suggested Implementation:

• A "Pin" option next to each comment within a task.
  • Pinned comments should be highlighted and stay at the top of the comment section.
  • Allow only one or multiple pinned comments per task, based on what best suits the platform's design.

Use Case:

In our company, Kilen Baltic, we often have tasks that involve multiple steps and require input from various departments. Being able to pin a comment would help us keep the most crucial information visible to all team members, thereby improving our efficiency and effectiveness.

I believe this feature would be a valuable addition to MeisterTask and benefit many users like myself. I would love to hear the community's thoughts on this and whether the MeisterTask team would consider implementing it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Roberts Kaufins

CEO, Kilen Baltic

3 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Options

Hi!

That's a cool feature request.

I have an idea that might help you achieve something similar in the meantime. You can switch between Activity and Conversations in the comment thread. Switching to Conversations will remove all other information about changes and updates.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,

Miša

• Roberts Kaufiņš
    Roberts Kaufiņš EN Business Posts: 4 Beginner
    Options

Hi Miša!
    Thank you for your response and for the workaround suggestion. Switching between Activity and Conversations is indeed a useful feature, and I appreciate you pointing it out. I thought I knew almost everything about MeisterTask, but it's seems there is more to learn!
    Thanks!

Roberts

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,377 Community Admin
    Options

That's what we're here for 😀!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Roberts Kaufiņš 👋🙂

I love this request. It's very similar to the pin feature in Signal and I do also see a great advantage in this.

You have my vote 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.