How do I remove members who are not part of my team but have access to projects?

Options
Cornelia Vonhof
Cornelia Vonhof DE Pro Posts: 3 Beginner
edited October 2023 in Ask the Community

In my MeisterTask account under Settings > "Access" I see a long list of members who are not part of my team, but supposedly have access to projects that belong to my team. How can I delete these people? In my active and archived projects I have already deleted all members. 
When I look at the projects where the listed people are registered, it is mostly "My first project" (private project) or other projects that never belonged to me (but are located in the same domain (university). How can I delete these people from my team / access list?

Best Answer

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi!

I see.

The Access tab is just an overview of the external members part of your project. You can't take much action from there.

To remove external collaborators, you'll have to head to the projects and remove them via the Members tab in project settings.

I hope this helps,

Miša

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Covo,

Do you mean in Project Settings?

You should be able to remove other members from the project by hovering beside their role and clicking the X.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood!

Best,

• Cornelia Vonhof
    Options

Hey Misa,
    Thank you for your reply.
    To remove members from my projects is working fine - exactly as you describe it. However, my question also refers to the settings in my account: Here is a screenshot.

I got an Email from MeisterTask-Support, saying:

I would like to delete these collaborators now, but I can't because they are in other projects. None of the people listed are or have been in any of my projects!
    So I am speculating if it could be a problem that all these people have a mail address with the same domain as me/my account (= mail domain of the university)?

I hope this explains the situation better?
    Thanks!

• Cornelia Vonhof
    Options

Thank you Misa!

• Maribel Rees
    Maribel Rees EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
    edited January 18
    Options

@Misa, what was the solution to this issue? I got the same email and I can't figure out how to delete external collaborators. They have left our company.

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi Maribel,

The solution is above in the blue box:

Hope this helps,

Best,