Can we have just 1x paid Pro account?

Options
Alison Lewis
Alison Lewis EN Basic Posts: 8 Beginner
edited October 2023 in Ask the Community

We currently have 1x Pro account and 5x Basic Users. The Pro account owns 6x projects and the 5x Basics Users have access to 1 each. According to the email we received a few weeks ago changes being made on 25th October will mean the 5x Basic Users will need to be added to the Pro's team and also upgrade to Pro in order to still have admin access to their projects. We are a small business and don't have the budget for an additional 5 Pro accounts.

This is our current set up:

Project 1 - Owner = Pro / Admin = User1

Project 2 - Owner = Pro / Admin = User2

Project 3 - Owner = Pro / Admin = User3

Project 4 - Owner = Pro / Admin = User4

Project 5 - Owner = Pro / Admin = User5

Project 6 - Owner = Pro

How can we keep a similar set up without the 5x Basic Users having to upgrade?

If we change the ownership of Projects 1-5 to be the corresponding User and then the Pro account gets added to each on as a member would that work?

Like this:

Project 1 - Owner = User1 / Admin = Pro

Project 2 - Owner = User2 / Admin = Pro

Project 3 - Owner = User3 / Admin = Pro

Project 4 - Owner = User4 / Admin = Pro

Project 5 - Owner = User5 / Admin = Pro

Project 6 - Owner = Pro

If we did this would the Users be able to remain on the basic free accounts and still have full access to their Projects? The Pro account doesn't necessarily need to have full admin rights to the Users' projects.

Best Answer

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SimplyAli and welcome to the community! 👋

I'm not sure if I unterstand you correct. Do you like to work together with all useres in all projects, correct?

If yes, I'm not sure if it works. Usualy every Basic-User has 3 Projects to work on. To be honest I don't know if you can work on more than 3 Projects with the basic account as a guest. But try it out and let me know. Would like to know that. 😉

But I realy recommend you a Pro plan. At the moment I only work with 1 other person in MeisterTask (it depens on the project, some times we are up to 5). And we use the Business plan because you can work on more then 3 projects at the same time without any restrictions. I understand that the costs are high for a small company, but if you always have to coordinate the projects with the team members you lose time and that costs you maybe more at the end of the day…

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

Answers

• Alison Lewis
    Alison Lewis EN Basic Posts: 8 Beginner
    Options

Thanks for your reply Rooster.

No, the Users don't need access to all the Projects, just one each. We use MT for our own individual work/task planning rather than group collaboration. Only the manager (Pro) needs access to them all. If it doesn't work out by changing the Project owner to the Users we may end up moving to another system that we don't have to pay for.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    edited October 2023
    Options

Ok @SimplyAli

But so what's the issue then? If every member of your team works in his own Project, and the team leader has a pro plan, everthing is fine. 😉

Every member can invite the team leader to the project and your problem is solved. 😉

Team Leader = Pro plan = access to all projects

Member 1 = Project 1 = free plan = invite team leader

Member 2 = Project 2 = free plan = invite team leader

and so on…

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!