[RESOLVED] Why can I suddenly only view and not edit my notes?

Options
Joie DiGiovanni
Joie DiGiovanni EN Pro Posts: 5 Beginner
edited March 26 in Ask the Community

I can view only — I cannot edit my notes out of nowhere. Please advise.

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all — just wanted to let you know that our most recent deploy has fixed this issue — can someone confirm?

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @JDIGIO0213,

is your question related to a mobile device? Editing in MeisterNote is only possible via PC at the moment. The mobile App is already in development.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joie DiGiovanni
    Options

i was able to create notes though and now I can’t?

• WAI
    WAI DE Pro Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

Same for me, i was able to edit notes on an iPad until this week.

• Joie DiGiovanni
    Options

will that get fixed?

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Joie and WAI,

sorry for the late response. @Andrew Lapidus is getting the Dev-Team aboard, and I'm pretty sure, that there will be a fix as soon as possible.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Christian Müller
    Christian Müller DE Business Posts: 56 Star Contributor
    Options

Same here. @Andrew Lapidus as much as I love MeisterNote, the uncertainty if I can use on my iPad or not is becoming a problem really fast. Since it worked last week I was on the road with my iPad Pro only. If I had done that this week I would not have been able to work in MeisterNote, which is our central wiki and note taking tool in our team, at all.

I understand that it is not officially supported on iPad but to blunt: That HAS to change fast. At the moment we are no longer recommending MeisterNote to our clients because most of them are working mobile on iPads oder Android Tablets, which renders MeisterNote unusable.

Sorry for the mini rant but I thought this topic had been fixed for good.

Sustainable productivity - what do we really need to be productive? And how sustainable is it?

• Christian Müller
    Options

That's not entirely accurate. Editing on iPad was possible for a long time but never was "officially supported".

Sustainable productivity - what do we really need to be productive? And how sustainable is it?

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    Options

I also have this problem since a few days. I think since the iOS 17 update. The change between desktop and mobile view also doesn't matter.

For me it looks like, that Apple changed something in iOS 17…

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Hi all — according to our developers, there was indeed an unexpected update to iOS which prevented this workaround from functioning. Sorry for the frustration here!

Our team has developed a fix which is currently in QA review — I'll update this thread as soon as it's deployed!

Best,

Andrew

• Christian Müller
    Options

Thank you for the quick reaction @Andrew Lapidus and team.
    One question though: Why is mobile editing not supported in MeisterNote? I get that there is a mobile app in development - and I am really excited about it - but I can use MeisterTask without ny problem in my mobile browser.

Wouldn't mobile editing support be a essential function even with an app?

• Joie DiGiovanni
    Options

please let me know when it’s working again

• Joerg Koper
    Options

Hi Christian,

I have to admit that I'm not sure if working in MeisterNote via mobile browser was an officially intended "function". I think it was more of a happy coincidence to be able on some devices 😉

We are also desperately waiting for the App or a little fix 🤞

Best, Jörg

• Joerg Koper
    Options

It works like a charm. Even on my older iPad 💪😎

I think, especially @Christian Müller will be happy about it.

Thanks, Andrew and Team 👍️

Best, Jörg

• WAI
    WAI DE Pro Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

Thank you so much, everything ist fine now!

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    Options

Works! Thank you Andrew!

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Christian Müller
    Options

While I am happy that it works: Any chance mobile support will be official @Andrew Lapidus ? Without official support I fear we might run into this situation again in the future and it is really not reliable enough to recommend it to clients.