Automation to Sort columns

Options
Jenny Oest
Jenny Oest EN Business Posts: 7 Beginner
edited October 2023 in MeisterTask Feature Board

It would be helpful to add an automation that would sort a new entry into the desired sort order rather than just add to the bottom or wherever you slide it in. Specific sort orders that would be helpful for us with long columns are Name and Due Date, but it would seem that if the functionality is added, you could sort by any of the existing variables?

5 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Jenny Oest, and welcome to our community! You can sort all the tasks within a column by clicking the icon on a column and then selecting the option Sort Section. Is this what you're looking for?

This sort can be run at any time, but unfortunately there's no option to automatically sort every new option as it's added. Let me know if this helps and if I understood you correctly!

Best,

Andrew

• Jenny Oest
    Options

I do that several times a day, which is why I’d like to see it automated. Every time I add to the column I have to re-sort.

• Jenny Oest
    Options

I meant to post it in feature requests. Sorry. I must have posted wrong.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Understood! Have moved to feature request 👍

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 603 Community Leader
    edited October 2023
    Options

Like this request @Jenny Oest!

Would love to have an auto like this. Cause I also spend a lot of time by clicking on "sort…"

Guess you would also like this feature. 😊

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!