Why cant I instantly duplicate projects?

Options
iampatrickseidel
iampatrickseidel DE Pro Posts: 2 New Here
edited October 2023 in Ask the Community

Why does duplicating projects take some time in the background and I'll receive a notification once it's done? Why can't i simply duplicate a project instantly? Tank you :)

Best Answer

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @iampatrickseidel ,

I recently spoke with one of Meister's developer about this. The reason why it is not instantly possible it due to the technical set-up in the background of the tool.

Sometimes many people are duplicating projects or importing projects, and then it takes a bit longer to get through all those requests. Sometime only a few people are duplicating projects, and then the job gets done faster by the tech.

For me, most of the time, the projects are duplicated pretty fast - I only have to wait a a few seconds - or few minutes worst case scenarios. What is the usual time you have to wait around? What is your experience here?

Answers

• iampatrickseidel
    iampatrickseidel DE Pro Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Thank you. It appeared around one hour later. It's working now! :)

• HippieChick
    HippieChick EN Pro Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

I've been having this issue for a couple of days now. I've attempted to Duplicate several projects, even hours and a day apart. Nothing has shown up. I reached out to support but also haven't heard back from them.

• Harris Greenberg
    Harris Greenberg EN Pro Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

Same here. Been duplicating projects instantaneously for the past few years. And now suddenly over the past month or so, been having major issues. It's already been 10 hours since I've been waiting on one today. This is clearly a major issue dev team.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,396 Community Admin
    Options

Hi all!

Our team investigated this further and concluded it's a current bug.

They're currently trying to find a fix.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience!!

Best,

Miša

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,396 Community Admin
    Options

Hi all!

The bug with project duplication has now been resolved.

Best,

Miša