Spaced Repetition Learning (SRL) for Mindmaps (and Meistertask?)

Options

Hi!

I think it would be good if you could have a SRL for mindmaps to solidify knowledge. For example- review in 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months and then every 6-12 months depending on progress. Also, if you could test your knowledge by turning nodes into flashcards it would be good!

1 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Options

hi @Edvin Ström ,

thanks for sharing this interesting idea! I assume SRL is all about integrating a Spaced Repetition Learning (SRL) system with mindmaps. Is that correct?

It sounds like a potentially valuable feature. To better understand your needs and the potential impact of this idea, I have a few questions:

1. What specific problem are you trying to solve?
      Could you elaborate a bit more on the challenges you're currently facing without this feature? Understanding the specific difficulties you're experiencing would help us at Meister see how an SRL system might address them.
    2. Why is solving this issue important to you?
      This helps us understand the motivation behind your suggestion. Is it primarily for enhancing learning efficiency, improving memory retention, or perhaps something else? Knowing your reasons can guide us in prioritizing this feature correctly.
    3. How significant is this problem for you, and how much value would you place on a solution? Understanding the level of impact this issue has on your learning or work process helps us in assessing the urgency and potential value of implementing such a feature. Is this something that would significantly improve your experience, or is it more of a nice-to-have addition?

Your input on these points will be incredibly helpful in evaluating the potential of adding an SRL system to mindmaps and determining how we might best implement it.

Thank you, Cornelia

• Edvin Ström
    Edvin Ström EN Pro Posts: 8 Beginner
    Options
    1. I use mind maps to take notes during lectures, meetings etc. I collapse all nodes and work my way through the map. If there would be a system of repeating this in certain intervals retention would improve. It feels cumbersome to have another software for this measure.
    2. Important because alot of my mind maps otherwise is collecting dust and would come to better use if repeated regularily.
    3. I can manage without this functionality, but it would be a great addition to the education aspect of Mindmeister mind maps. If I could take notes and return repeatibly as in SRL this would enhance learning and retention. It is in line with current educational research.