🤓 MeisterHacks: Using Checklist Templates

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
edited August 2023 in Get Inspired

Checklist templates are a really exciting feature (at least I think so), but it's not always easy to know when it makes sense to use them. To help, we've broken things down into two key use cases:

When do you use checklist templates? Got any tips to share? Screenshot your templates and share below - I'd love to see!

Comments

• Sabine Rafael
    Sabine Rafael EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

I love the possibility to save Checklist templates.

I'd love it even more if it would be possible to decide whether I want to use the checklist template only within a project or as a central template e.g. across all projects 🤗

• MiÅ¡a Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin
    edited October 2022

Hey @Sabine Rafael and welcome to the Community! That's an interesting idea! Feel free to add it to the MeisterTask Feature Ideas category so other users can upvote and comment. I'm also interested - what sort of checklist might be beneficial to multiple projects? I generally find that my checklists are quite project-specific, so I'm not sure when I could use the same template in different projects, although having the option would be great!

• Lindsay Hunt
    Lindsay Hunt EN Business Posts: 2 Beginner

That has been one of my issues too. I create digital online training, I am using MindMeister for the outlines and planning, MeisterNote to create written content, and MeisterTask to manage production of the course through to release. I am also using MeisterTask as a way of documenting company procedures as well as project management. I have multiple checklists and use them all the time, but constantly reviewing as I improve my processes.

The issue is, you have to duplicate and move a checklist, into another project (the only way to do it). If you then edit that checklist, the changes only apply within that project. To replace the original checklist, you have to manually duplicate it within the current project and move it to whereever the original checklist is. I've created a 'project' as a templates repository for this function. What would be really useful, is a central templates repository function within MeisterTask, or your account for tasks, checklists, and projects, with the option to overwrite the original template, or save just to the current project.

• MiÅ¡a Hennin

Hi @Linz Hunt and welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your use case - I can really understand why global checklists are important for you in this case.

We have a feature request in the Community for global checklists - Please feel free to add your vote and see the comments for info from other users experiencing the same need as you.

Best,

Miša