5 scenarios where I miss the old editor

Jens Brinch Moeller
Jens Brinch Moeller MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 30 Star Contributor

Dear MindMeister team at MEISTER,

I acknowledge that you are the ones having the best insights about your majority of customers using MindMeister, however I see that your product is very useful for other than creative minds. 🧐

In relation to the kind of projects, where an overview is more important than features, I find your product more operational and easier to use than some of your competitors.

The intention with this video is to highlight some of the scenarios where really miss the old editor.

I have considered to provide you with more feedback on this topic since I had my presenta!on at the Biggerplate event on 27 July 2023, where I realized, that I had forgotten to pay attention to the screen size the majority of end-users have by default. 🙄

What initiated my feedback here is my latest sharing: “Visual presentations when challenged by colours”.

The first topic to share with you is the feature, where you link to another mind map. In the Old Editor you have an arrow, that immediately opens the linked mind map. In the new editor you have to click twice before the linked mind map is opened.

The next topic is the “menu frames” that covers the mind map. In the old editor it easily can be hidden just by clicking on the button 👌, where they in the new editor are larger and always on top of your mind map, which catches the viewer’s attention from the mind map itself.

The third topic is the option to re-use already uploaded images. In the old editor I can select among previous uploaded images 👌 (even the ones uploaded via the new editor…)

In the new editor I have to upload the image from scratch every time – this must occupy more storage at your end than necessary… 🤔 🤓

The fourth topic is related to the available icons and emojis. I am aware of that this is very subjective in terms of preference, whether you are to the design in Old Editor vs the design in the new editor… but I liked the option to insert illustrative emojis in the text in the Old Editor as I noticed, they caught attention to the topic.

Finally, as the last item is related to the export as in image file. Nice feature if you could use it to create different images of the same mid map. Unfortunately, the first created image, will be the one that you will download from this mind map until tomorrow.

As I demonstrate here the changes to my mind map is not matching the second downloaded image file. 🙈

The purpose of this sharing is to let you know, that sometimes changes requires more communication than just the marke!ng part like new design features…

Right now I am like the man in the middle 😳 – on one hand I like the design and some of the features in the new editor, but on the other hand as a professional Business (IT) Consultant & Coach, I have more value in using the old editor when it comes to online/ video communication with my clients – there are less distractions in the old editor. 🤓

Link to my video presenting the scenarios above

Feedback To MindMeister Team

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

Follow me on LinkedIn and at Kaje Engineering

2 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Jens Brinch Moeller
    Jens Brinch Moeller MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 30 Star Contributor

Hi team,

You have made it possible to vote on my comments above, but I am a bit confused, i.e. which items?

In the event the voting is about the general comment: "missing features in editor" then I would recommend you to specify it 🧐

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

Follow me on LinkedIn and at Kaje Engineering