Task management between two projects

Options
Andrea Wiggins
Andrea Wiggins EN Pro Posts: 2 New Here
edited November 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi! Hoping this makes sense but is there a way to create a task in one project and connect it to another project so it can be managed by either one?

Trying to keep this uncomplicated and not too wordy but let me know if you would like more explanation. :-)

I have tried "relations" but that isn't giving the result I am looking for. Thanks!!

Best Answer

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Andrea Wiggins and welcome to the community 👋🙂

You unfortunately can't create a task for the usage in more than one main project. When you create a project in MeisterTask, it will be an isolated one. We otherwise would have some kind of chaos and conflicts, every time we change anything in one of the often complex projects 😉

Task Relations are, so to speak, the bridge between these two isolated projects. And you can quickly jump between them. We use this feature a lot in my agency.

You can, of course, insert a link into the description of a task in the other project, but that's not what you're looking for, I guess. And it would be the same as a task relation in the end.

Another solution could be, to "send" the related task back and forth between the two projects (departments), every time it is needed. This is, for example, imaginable in the editorial office of a marketing agency.

All you have to do is:

• Create a section in every of the two projects, called "Send to (desired department)
    • Insert a "move task" automation in each section. Target is the related section of each project.

Now, every time the task is moved into the other department (project), it is time for their part of work. As soon as they finish their part of a work step, they move it automatically back to the other department for the next work steps in this department.

This way it goes back and forth, and they can, nevertheless, have the relation feature inserted in other involved tasks of both projects (departments) for more control. The advantage of this workaround is, to have a better overview, who is working on the task and to have a clean overview.

I hope this helps you out 😊

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

Answers

• Andrea Wiggins
    Andrea Wiggins EN Pro Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

Jörg,

Thank you so much! I am new to Meistertask and learning my way around and this looks like it might be the perfect solution.

Thanks again!

Andrea

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Andrea,

I'm very pleased that this solution is working for you. If you have any other questions in the future, please feel free to ask me again.

Have fun exploring the Meister software further and best wishes

Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.