Drag items into nested hierarchies

Options

Say I have a "Kanban" style column with various items in it.

I want to be able to drag various items in the column into another item in the column.

The item that they are dragged into becomes a "top-level item" and is still displayed normally, except with a "+" or similar to show there are items beneath it.

When you click on the "+" or similar on the top-level item, it expands to show the items underneath it listed below it, indented a little from the other items and ideally with a connecting line that shows that these child items belong under the "top-level item" (like in an org chart in PowerPoint).

This lets me group up individual items.

e.g. If it were for personal use I could have a top level item "Groceries" with individual items for bread, cheese and vegetables. Or a top-level item for "Organise desk" with sub-items for close browser tabs, clear physical office desk, and buy new filing rack.

I am not envisioning this would be deeply nested - one level deep below the top-level item would be enough for my needs.

1 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Lauchlan Mackinnon and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I think I get what you mean. Good thought about the drag and drop feature.

If you'd like to try out the given options in MT, I'd like to recommend the feature "Task relationships" for your described top-level item scenario.

A further new cool option is the subtask feature that could fit your needs very well in my opinion. Please keep in mind, that the availability of some features depends on the plan, users have booked.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.