How to quit from team, if i'm a admin?

Options
Олег Кішлар
Олег Кішлар EN Pro Posts: 7 Beginner

I have two accounts in team, and i need to delete one of them. When i clicking on "delete from team", it says "The user cannot leave the team as an administrator". How can i delete myself, if i'm administrator?

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi https://community.meister.co/profile/%D0%9E%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B3%20%D0%9A%D1%96%D1%88%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%80 and welcome to the community 👋🙂

All you have to do is, to change the status of the account to a lower status. And another member has to be an Administrator to delete you then. MeisterTask can't let you leave as the Administrator, when you are the only Admin at the same time. That would be the same as a rudderless ship 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Олег Кішлар
    Options

How can i change the status of the account to a lower status?

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

You need to make another member of your team an admin in the group settings. After that step, the admin can remove your admin status. You are welcome to get back anytime you need help.

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Олег Кішлар
    Options

But another account is already an admin, and still, i get that "pop up window" with "The user cannot leave the team as an administrator".

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    Options

Hi there,

did you change your status from "Admin" to "Member/User" before you tried to delete you from the team?

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Олег Кішлар
    Options

No, how can i do that?

• Rooster McNugget
    edited January 17
    Options

Ok, you can do this as follow:

1. Click on "My Team" on top of the window

Under "My Team" you can see all members of the team.

2. Click on the "3 dots" on the right side of the person who should be the new adtmin (next to the MeisterTask/MindMeister icons.)

3. Click on "Set Admin". Now, the other member should be an Admin too.

4. Click on the "3 dots" on the right side from your name (next to the MeisterTask/MindMeister icons.)

5. Click on "Remove as Admin". Now you should be set as a "normal" member. If you can't remove yourself as Admin, the new Admin should be able to do that.

Now the new Admin can remove you from the team if needed/wanted.

Hope this helps you out. If not, let us know…

Best, Rooster

• Олег Кішлар
    Options

I have a trouble on step 3, because i don't have the "Set admin" button here

• Rooster McNugget
    edited January 17
    Options

Ok.. but you are the admin now, right?

Could you maybe show me a picture of the team surface?

• Олег Кішлар
    edited January 17
    Options

Sure, pointed at my two accounts

• Rooster McNugget
    Options

Hmm… and you don't have the 3 points on both accounts?

Will take the SupportTeam into this…

• Олег Кішлар
    Options

if i hover my mouse over the account, i can see three dots, but if i click on them, there is no set admin button

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Олег Кішлар ,

unfortunately, on the Pro-Plan it is not possible to switch or hand-over the Admin-Role, as the license is tied to your person.

Please contact the Meister Support here, to see if they can find a solution. For a speedy and efficient resolution, please provide the following details:

• Your current problem and the solution you seek
    • Your name and email address that is tied to the account
    • The name and email address of the new admin
    • Please enable Support-Access