💡 Feature Request: More Customizable Options/Themes in the New Editor

Options
Cornelia Patscheider
Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin

At the moment, MindMeister provides the ability to set a customized color palette for each map.

It would be great, additionally, to set custom

• default font, its size, and color set for every level of an outline
  • default shape, border and color for every topic for every level
  • default background color

Why is this important?

Please comment and let us know why you would like to have more customizable options regards themes and what is currently painful while you are creating a theme. We are interested to hear how would this impact your mind mapping 🎨

9 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    edited January 30
    Options

Hey @Cornelia Patscheider 👋🙂

I couldn't agree more with you. Most users also need more freedom for individual styling, related to their Corporate Identity or just personal style.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor
    Options

We use MindMeister especially for Learning and Education.
    By the way that was the initial way of using them (Thx to Tony Buzan) - i am pretty sure the MeisterTeam is aware of that. If not please google😋

So its all about memorization and Visuals that support that.

For this reason having the same Colors, shapes and patterns is essential. Your brain will immediately realize what the Topic is about: f.e.: Red, round = Problem. green, square = solution

Having a fixed repertoire of these will allow a super fast intuitive flow when creating these maps and when using (reading/watching) them for studying.

Setting them new every time will take hours for every mindmap and is super unproductive.

I have the feeling that MindMeister kind of said goodbye the "studying and memorization" purpose🙄

Besides from that, I put much effort in my custom CI. When i show people our maps it looks like a clown made them. Same thing: customizing them manually will take hours.

This was a major feature of the old editor. Please bring it back as soon as possible. Its absolutely ESSENTIAL.

Thanks alot for your efforts 🙏

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.

• Giles Catcheside
    Giles Catcheside EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
    Options

The whole look and feel of mind maps needs to be much more configurable, in a way that is not manual. FOr example, take the "Vintage" theme. I like the fact that each box is underlined in the colour of the branch as I find for many people this makes it much easier to follow a particular brand and locate its path. However, the colour scheme in Vintage is quite muted, and lacks contrast. I would like to keep the underlining aspect of Vintage, but change its colour scheme. I would further more like to be able to select this new theme for new maps (and not simply duplicating an old map - this is inefficient).

Or, I would like the second level box to always be bold and filled in with the colour of that brand, including setting it to smart tint.

At the moment I can only achieve this manually, and if I change my mind about a topic then I have to start all over again, recolouring and adjusting each level.

Finally I would like better alignment options - eg that all 1st level topics click to a guide, and then second level topics can be clicked to a different guide - at the moment the default seems to be to align to the size of the box, whihc is not always what I want.

• Oliver Schneider
    Oliver Schneider EN Basic Posts: 11 Beginner
    Options

I would already be happy if I could at least choose a default theme and not have to select it every time I create a new map…