Pro account and inviting team members

Options
Summy To
Summy To EN Pro Posts: 1 New Here

Hi all,

We're having such a tough time getting answers from MT. we've had a warning about losing access on Feb 5th for awhile now but now are stuck with some problems that won't allow us to try and fix issues.

We are being told that unless people are on our team, they will lose access. I have a 'pro' account and am trying to add people to my team (there are 25 of us) but it is not allowing me to add more than one person. I see the basic plan allows unlimited tasks and 3 projects which is all we need but I don't understand this 'teams' limitation and how to increase how many team members I can have.

Thanks for any insight on this, community!

Summy

Answers

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 660 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Summy To ,

welcome to the community, sorry to hear that you are facing these difficulties!

So, let me repeat your problem, so see if I understand correctly: You have an account right now, and want to add people to your team? Have you bought a license for each team member?

In this screenshot below, you can see for example who is in my team. I have an Admin, and four additional team members. So all in all, I have four licenses. Please go to:

1. your dashboard, click on your profile picture on the top right side of your screen.
    2. Select Account
    3. Select My Team in the left sidebar.
    • Anyone who is not on the list is not your team member.
    • If you want more people on your team, you naturally have to invite them and pay for their license. To do so:
    1. Select Invite from the same screen.
    2. Now you can see how many remaining seats you have. In my screenshot, I have 0 remaining seats. That means, that I have no free licenses to give to anybody, so when I invite other people to my team, I have to buy additional licenses.

If you want to add more licenses, then select in the left sidebar Plans, and select Edit to buy more licenses. Or feel free to Contact Sales to buy more licenses.

• Charlène POREE
    Charlène POREE EN Free Trial Posts: 4 New Here
    Options

Hello,

I am not sure to understand.

On the pricing page, MT let us think that for the basic version, we have unlimited users BUT only 3 projects (and other differences of course).

But when I try to add people to my project, either by adding them to my team (but this seems to be a premium feature) or by sending them the invitation link of the project board. Every time, it does not work.

They receive "bad request" and apparently can't verify their account ?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 660 Community Admin
    edited March 26
    Options

Hi @Charlène POREE ,

yes, that is correct, you can invite an unlimited amount of members to your team on a basic team. (Obviously, on a basic team you don't need to buy them a license nor a seat, these only applies to paid licenses.)

I am sorry to hear that you got the error message "Bad request". This is bug. The developers at Meister are currently trying to fix it. I am going to update you here when I have more information.

Please try again tomorrow to see if inviting them to the project board works.

• Charlène POREE
    Options

Hi Cornelia,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am so happy to see that the tool is really what it is said to be 😂 In this case, I'll be patient until it is resolved.

Can you please confirm the process to add people to my board ?

1/ I invite them through the "my team" space by email

2/ they follow what the email says

3/ they'll access the board through the link I find at the top of the board ?

Have a nice day !

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

Hi @Charlène POREE ,

do you still experience issues? The bug should be fixed.

Yes, the steps you outlined are correct! If you are a basic team, then all team members will have automatically access to all boards.

• Charlène POREE
    Options

Hi Cornelia,

Indeed, they can access their own account I think, but they can't open the board and they don't appear in my team. There is a i that says that they need to leave their team to join mine. But it's their first time using the tool so we don't really understand :/

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

Hi @Charlène POREE ,

okay, that means, that someone with that email address has already made an account. So, it appears that they have an account, but they are not in your team.

You should still be able to invite them.

1. Have you been able to successfully sent the invite?

You can see in the screenshot below that the blue bar indicates "The user has been invited", that I have successfully sent the invite.

2. Has the other person received the invite by email?

3. Has the other person clicked on "Join Team" button in the invite email? Below you can see how the email invites looks like. The other person HAS to click on the button, so that the invite is accepted

You can double check, if the other person is in your team in your accounts.

• Charlène POREE
    Options

Hi,

Sorry for the delay because of Easter.

EVERYTHING WORKS FINE !

Thank you so much for your support, you really really helped us a lot.

Have a nice day.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

Thanks for letting me @Charlène POREE ! I appreciate it.

Great to hear that it works now 👍