Feature Request: Duplicating project with subtasks

Options
Cornelia Patscheider
Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin

Hi all 👋,

I heard that many people would love to duplicate their projects and keep subtasks as subtasks. Unfortunately, at the moment, the subtasks detach and have to be manually attached. (Learn more here how to re-attach tasks).

For example: So, I would like to use a project as a template. However, when I duplicate a project, the subtasks detach from the project and appear as independent tasks.

If you share the enthusiasm for this then please share and engage with this feature request: upvote it, and share your insights, needs, and pains in the new thread, and speak up there.

9 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor
    Options

Yes please! My job involves doing the same project over and over again for different clients. I love the subtask feature but I do need the subtasks to stay attached when I duplicate my template!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    edited February 2
    Options

You know that I love automation and smart workflows, Cornelia. That's why I would also love to see this feature implemented 😉

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 603 Community Leader
    Options

I'm in too! 👍️ This would safe a lot of time…

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Marlene Heinen
    Marlene Heinen DE Business Posts: 36 Active Contributor
    Options

That would be great.

As I mentioned, we don't use subtasks as much as we would like, because we need to duplicate some tasks. So either we use a separat project or checklists.