📣 MeisterNote becomes part of MeisterTask

Options
Cornelia Patscheider
Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 661 Community Admin

Hi dear Community, 

I'm excited to share some ongoing updates about MeisterTask and MeisterNote. You may have already noticed that we've improved the MeisterTask and MeisterNote integration. 

With the joining of MeisterTask and MeisterNote in 2023, we've brought our tools and work philosophy of simplicity and ease of use closer together. As we've gone down this path, the naming structure of our tools has evolved with us. 

It is therefore time to take a closer look at our future naming convention.

📣 What is changing? 

• We're integrating MeisterNote into MeisterTask. To this end, MeisterNote no longer exists as a separate tool but simply as a Notes feature within MeisterTask.
  • Notes are a function of MeisterTask, much like Reports and Agenda. 
  • We are currently working on renaming and restructuring several websites, the Academy, the Help Center, and also the Community.

🔔 How does that impact me? 

• Community: If you're a fan of MeisterNote Notes, we encourage you to join the MeisterTask categories here in the Community. We'll be restructuring the Community soon to align better with the new branding.
  • Discussion Topics: When discussing note functionality, please feel free to do so in any of our MeisterTask categories in the Community. 
  • Searching for Info: Searching for "MeisterNote" might not get you the results you're looking for in the future. Try searching for "MeisterTask" or specifically for notes functionality to find what you need.

We hope this information has brought some clarity and that you feel prepared for the upcoming changes in the Community. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and comment below.

Cornelia 

Comments

• Peter McCarthy
    Peter McCarthy MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 28 Star Contributor
    Options

I'm more confused than ever by this change! Can I create a Project and have it automatically link to a note on that project that I can use?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 661 Community Admin
    edited March 8
    Options

Hi @Peter McCarthy ,

don't worry, I am sure we can clear up any confusion. The change that is described above, only describes the ongoing change in our naming and branding.

At the moment, it is not possible to create a Project and have it automatically linked to a note.

However, it is possible to create a Task in Note and have the note automatically linked to the task. You can find more information about how to use Projects, Tasks and Notes together in several places:

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions :)

• Michael Oh
    Michael Oh EN Basic Posts: 6 New Here
    Options

This may be another thought, but I was looking at Notes and its integration with mind maps as an amazing note taking tool for students. I was actually wishing that there would be a licensing model that combined mind mapping and the notes taking tool together. It creates a very powerful dynamic tool for studying. Would just wish that it could be priced at a level a bit better for students or for private person licensing.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

Thanks @Michael Oh , I really like the idea and totally understand how this makes sense!

At the moment this is not on Meister's roadmap, but please feel free to create a feature idea here in the community so that people can see, like and upvote this idea.

Our team at Meister is continuously looking at all feature ideas with many upvotes to draw inspiration from them for the development of MindMeister and MeisterTask.

• MiÅ¡a Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,403 Community Admin
    Options

@Michael Oh,

I just wanted to add that we do have a discount for students! See more here: https://support.mindmeister.com/hc/en-us/articles/8032196904210-Am-I-Eligible-for-an-Educational-Academic-or-NGO-NPO-Discount

Best,