Search Bar Retaining Last Search Term

Options
Channing Kelly
Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor

Prior to the new and improved (!) search, when you would command-K or shift-command-K you were always starting with a blank search field, which is generally the standard. Fresh search = blank box. But now when I search it is retaining the last search term so I have to open the search, delete my last search term, then enter the new search term. This is a hassle. Anyone else want to see this changed? Or, at a minimum have the last search term automatically highlighted so if you start typing fresh it just overwrites the old search term. Here's a video of what I'm talking about.

Tagged:

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Channing Kelly 👋🙂

I understand what you mean. There is nothing more annoying than an unnecessary waste of time. I handle this behaviour in the search with CTRL/CMD + A and deleting the old search term.

A "search setting" for enabling and disabling individual search parameters would an ideal solution in my opinion. As we have seen in the last few weeks, there are many users with individual concerns about the new search feature, and I understand all of them.

I do also understand the Dev-Team, that has programmed a cool new search component with many filters that some of us love to use. It is nearly impossible to make everyone happy and so it would be ideal to be able, to make some personal settings in the new search feature.

What do you think about it?

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Channing Kelly
    Channing Kelly EN Business Posts: 59 Star Contributor
    Options

@Joerg Koper I hear what you're saying but in general the industry standard is you start with a blank search field. I don't have any other software that retains the prior search information and causes me to have to delete that in order to start a new search.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

I am completely with you on that, @Channing Kelly 👍️

I'll ask the Meister-Team about it.

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.