[CURRENT BUG] Failing to (re-)add MeisterTask in Microsoft Teams

Options
Paul Olynec
Paul Olynec DE Basic Posts: 3 New Here
edited March 19 in Ask the Community

Hy All! Using a basic account for trying MeisterTask in action, our project team had already integrated it in our MS Teams-team. As I did leave all group members the option to add/delete apps/tabs, one managed to delete the tab by accident for all. Now we fail to re-add the tab, getting only a saving sign (blue circle) and after some while the notion "We couldn´t save your tab settings. Please try again." (see screenshot). There were no changes made by our admin in the meantime. The fixes we tried so far where:

• the step-by-step from the support site for Teams integration https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015778680-Microsoft-Teams
  • different members with different access rights trying to add tab
  • member with MeisterTask-business account trying to add tab
  • members with different OS (Microsoft, Android) trying to add tab
  • deleting cache
  • disabling firewalls before trying to add tab
  • adding the tab in the Web-MS Teams instead of desktop app

We can still all access MeisterTask via the browser, some also downloaded the desktop app. But integration into MS Teams would be essential for effectivity. Now we are basically out of ideas, but before trashing our progress and going back to Microsoft´s Planner/To Do/Tasks, I thought maybe someone here has experienced something similar and could give me a hint? Any help would be much appreciated!

Answers

• Katie Copeland
    Katie Copeland EN Pro Posts: 1 New Here
    Options

I've been having the same issue for a couple of weeks now. I reached out to Meister but I haven't heard back yet.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Options

Hi Paul and Katie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing this issue. It's an ongoing bug that our devs are already aware of.

I'll be sure to update this thread with any news.

I'm grateful for your patience and understanding, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

Best,

Miša

• Paul Olynec
    Options

Thank you Misa, happy to read that (most probably) I am not the problem and that a fix is underway :)

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
    Options

Haha, no you're definitely not the only one!

Best,

• Stefan Schönfelder
    Stefan Schönfelder DE Pro Posts: 2 Beginner
    edited April 2
    Options

Super! Ich hoffe es gibt dazu bald eine Lösung!
    Ich integriere auch gerade MS Teams und möchte unbedingt mit MeisterTask weiterarbeiten!
    Haltet diesen Thread bitte am laufenden!

Danke!😁
    Stefan

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Thanks Stefan,

I've passed this onto our devs.

Best,

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hey!

I don't have a fix for you yet but maybe a workaround. If you have Zapier, you can still use MS/ MT. https://zapier.com/blog/how-to-automate-microsoft-teams/

Best,

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 165 Mastermind
    Options

Hi All, Have been having this problem for a while, also. A fix sooner than later would be great.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    Options

Same on my side…

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Paul Olynec
    Options

I´m sorry to say that our project team decided now to move our progress made from MeisterTask back to the Microsoft applications. After 2+months of having to open different desktop/web-apps for what was all in one place before, we have seen a measurable decrease in productivity. I wish you all the best and hope you will be able to fix the bug.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 605 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Paul Olynec, why don't you use the web-version of MeisterTask? It works super… I work the same way…

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!