MeisterNote - Can't Upload Video

Options
Dessy Prasad
Dessy Prasad EN Business Posts: 69 Star Contributor
edited March 26 in Ask the Community

Is there a glitch with the file uploading block? I've been able to upload training videos there before but it's not letting me anymore. The file type is .mp4 which is what I've always uploaded. Can somebody please let me know today if possible? I have to upload this file and send out a firmwide email on it today. Thank you.

Answers

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Dessy Prasad ,

sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles. I just tried it to upload an mp4 file myself and it worked without any troubles.

Could you please describe, what happens if you upload it. Do you receive an error message?

• Dessy Prasad
    Options

Hi @Cornelia Patscheider,

It gives me the option to select my file so I click on my .mp4 then it doesn't do anything. No error or loading or anything.

-Dessy

• Dessy Prasad
    Options

@Cornelia Patscheider Is there any update or would somebody be able to help me today on it? I have to send the video out before EOD.

Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Dessy Prasad ,

I am sorry to hear that the error still persists. Unfortunately the time difference yesterday was not in our favor, I am sorry that this message will reach you a day later.

I am sorry to hear that nothing seems to happen after you click on your mp4. I would recommend trying the following things:

• have you tried to see if this only happens in this specific note, or in another note as well?
    • please try to log out and login
    • please try an incognito browser
    • please try clearing your cache

If you think that this is an ongoing bug, then please feel free to contact the Meister Support, as they're best equipped to assist you. You can find how to contact support here. (Please note, due to a high volume of inquiries, there might be a slight delay in their response time at the moment).

To help speed up the support process, please do the following:

• Problem Description: Describe the issue or bug in detail. Include screenshots and examples if you can. Explain the steps you're taking in the Notes where the issue occurs.
    • Notes: List all the Notes or pages experiencing this issue. If possible, grant support access to your account to facilitate a quicker resolution. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.
    • Devices: Please share what browser and browser version you're using.
    • Screenshot: Please take a screenshot with your browser's console open. This will let us see the error in detail.

I hope your issue gets resolved quickly!

• Dessy Prasad
    Options

@Cornelia Patscheider Okay, I just submitted a request. Are you able to help push that along and request a response today? It's very important that I get this uploaded today before the weekend.

edited March 22
    Options

Hi Dessy,

I'll do my best, I just wanted to let you know, that if this is a bug, then this issue will potentially be passed from the Meister Support to the developers to be looked at. This process might take a while and realistically speaking not get done by the end of the day.

(If you have a customer success manager in your time zone, then you could also try to contact them for further help.)

In the meantime, I would like to offer you some help here to find a work around for today.

Have any of the tips above helped? Does the issue only occur in the specific note or in another note as well?

There are some alternatives ways to include a video:

• Instead of uploading a video, you could try to put your video on a drive (for example Sharepoint, Google drive) and then create a share link. You can copy&paste this share link into the note.
    • You can upload the video to a private account on video sharing platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc), and then embed the video in the note.
    • Please try if you could cut the video into several smaller parts (below 200 MB). Maybe the file is too big to get uploaded.

Options

Hi @Dessy Prasad ,

I just wanted to add that according to the webpage here, there are different attachment size limit. For example, if you are on a business plan, then you are able to upload mp4 files up to 200 MB. I am not sure how big your video is, but I wanted to let you know for the future nonetheless.

• Dessy Prasad
    Options

Okay, thanks @Cornelia Patscheider. I ended up having to upload to another platform to send this out. I'm not sure if we'll be able to use MeisterNote for this unless that upload size is raised to about 500 MB.