Is there no way to restore an accidentally Archived task on the Free version?

Options
Mike B
Mike B EN Basic Posts: 8 New Here

Hi,

I"m testing MeisterTask and accidentally Archived a task. I figured this would be a good time to test Restoring a task, but it appears this isn't possible?!?! The instructions say to click the Project Name and choose Archived Tasks, but that item says it requires the Pro version? Really? So if someone accidentally clicks the Archive button, the task is just gone forever unless we pay for the Pro version? Am I missing something? This might be a deal-breaker. :(

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mike B ,

no worries, restoring a task is available to users on all plans.

Filtering for archived tasks is indeed only available for Pro and Business plans users. If you are on a basic plan, then you can just use the normal search icon in the left sidebar. Search for your task. (As a Basic user, you will find all open and archived tasks. Only users on a Pro or Business plan are able to use the filter to narrow down the search to only archived tasks.)

When you found the task in the search, open it and then you can proceed with restoring the task (see step 4 in this instruction.)

Answers

• Mike B
    Mike B EN Basic Posts: 8 New Here
    Options

Hi,

Just started using MeisterTask a bit more. I see a header that shows me something like 0/10. I'm assuming that means there are 0 active cards and 10 archived cards? I'm just trying to figure out how to see the 10 archived cards so I can confirm that they were archived properly. I can't search for them as I don't know the names or what they are.

Is there some way to see what's there?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 654 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Mike B ,

actually, that is the WIP Limit. So it is not connected to any archived cards. You can find more information what the Work In Progress Limit is here in the Help Center.