Is there a way to import tasks into an existing Project?

Options
Mike B
Mike B EN Basic Posts: 10 New Here
edited April 2 in Ask the Community

Hi,

I have an existing project with some tasks in it. I wanted to see about importing some other tasks from a CSV file. The only instructions I found are to create a new Project from a CSV file. I already have 3 projects, and that's all I get on the free plan, so I need a way to import tasks into an existing project. Is there a way to do that that I"m just not seeing?

Update: I also tried importing with the Project Name of an existing project. Instead of creating into my existing project, it created a duplicate project, with the same name, but as read-only because I already have three. If there is no way to import into an existing project, someone needs to fix this.

Thanks.

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,403 Community Admin
    Options

Hey Mike!

It's not possible to import tasks via CSV into an existing project. Perhaps API would be the way to import tasks to existing projects?

Best,

• Mike B
    Options

Is the API available to people on the free plan? If so, is there instruction somewhere on how to use it and what it can do? I did a Google search but didn't really find anything except an announcement from 2017.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,403 Community Admin
    Options

I'm afraid this is something I can't help you more with. I'm also not absolutely certain there's a way. I simply wanted to say that there isn't a way in MeisterTask but perhaps you can find one using an API.

• Mike B
    Options

I'm not asking how to do it, I'm just asking where you have your documentation on your API and how it works. I'd be happy to look into it but need to know where to start.

• Miša Hennin
    Options

You can always check our Help Centre for how-tos. For example: https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015802299-Create-Applications-with-the-MeisterTask-API