Quick reports by tag has disappeared for "Pro" - Now requires business

Options
Peter Davison
Peter Davison EN Business Posts: 18 Beginner
edited April 2 in Ask the Community

We've come in this morning and the ability to create a report by tag is now greyed out and seems to require a business subscription.

The comparison of pricing tiers still shows this available on Pro.

Is there any reason it isn't working?

We also had a yearly subscription to Pro which included this functionality and now it seems to be removed unless it’s a bug?

Shouldn’t we have access to the features advertised at the time the yearly sub was purchased?

Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,403 Community Admin
    Options

Hey Peter,

I'm sorry for the disappointment here!

The Pricing Page has been updated to show that custom reports are now a Business feature while Quick Reports are Basic.

I understand that this is disappointing, and I have passed your feedback along.

Best,

Miša

• Peter Davison
    Options

It's more completely bewildering than disappointing.

If people have paid a yearly subscription to a set of features why aren't those features included for the year that has been paid? I could pay for a year of business and you could remove the feature tomorrow?

The features at time of subscription should be grandfathered in until the subscription is over.

Coming into work and having the system be non-functional is crazy

• Christian Müller
    Christian Müller DE Business Posts: 56 Star Contributor
    Options

Hi Miša,

I'd like to add my irritation to Peter Davisons point. While the quick report feature is not critical for me, the fact that that you removed functionality from a plan the user had already paid for baffles me.

I understand shifting functionality in other plans for new users or even when a plan gets renewed, but that Meister sees it as legitimate business practice to remove functionality - and to my knowledge without prior communication - in an already paid for plan is beyond me.

Could you please clarify

a) why this switch was made?
    b) how it was communicated prior to the change?
    c) why existing customers who had already paid where not grandfathered in?

I am sorry if this comes of as confrontational or rude, it isn't meant to be either, but this under or not communicated (?) change really shakes my trust in Meister as company I chose to rely on for business critical task until now.

Kind regards,
    Christian

Sustainable productivity - what do we really need to be productive? And how sustainable is it?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 661 Community Admin
    edited April 3
    Options

Hi all,  

I understand your concerns and frustrations, and I want to address some of the questions. 

At Meister, we strive to provide teams with the right features to support their work. We’ve created specific plans for teams of all sizes to get the most out of their workday and be as efficient and effective as possible. That’s why we’re updating our Pro and Business plans to serve team needs better. 

We made these adjustments as part of our ongoing effort to ensure the sustainability and continual improvement of our services. Our goal is always to provide a high-quality experience for all our users, which sometimes means we need to reallocate features to maintain the quality and development of MeisterTask. 

Our intention is never to surprise our users negatively. The decision not to grandfather certain features for existing subscriptions was made after considerable deliberation, focusing on long-term product sustainability and the need to standardize our offerings for all users. I understand that this might not meet everyone's expectations, and I am genuinely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

How did we communicate these changes? 

• Newsletter Emails: We sent out newsletters to inform you of upcoming changes. I would encourage everyone to check your notification settings in your MeisterTask account to ensure you’re informed about all future updates and newsletters. 
    • Pop-overs in MeisterTask: To catch those who might not read emails, we also implemented pop-up notifications in MeisterTask. These pop-ups were available to all affected users 1 month before the upcoming change in the app. 

I am sorry to hear that the changes took you by surprise. We strive to make transitions as smooth as possible and to communicate proactively. If you have any questions about how to stay up-to-date please let me know below.

If you have saved Custom Reports, you can still access them, with the only limitation being that you cannot make changes. You will still be able to view all Custom Reports that you have already saved.

The ability to create a new Custom Report by filtering with tags is now exclusive to the Business Plan. Custom Reports will now be part of the Business Plan, which offers more comprehensive and customizable options for larger teams. This change also includes an increased export limit for Custom Reports. Business users can now export reports for up to 200 projects - previously a 50-project limit. Pro users will continue to have access to Quick Reports.

If you have more questions about the roadmap, then I would also recommend visiting our experts during the Office Hours. You can sign up for the weekly Office Hours here. Today our Product Manager @Adam Buckley will join @Marlene Lechner to discuss the current roadmap.

• Peter Davison
    Options

Would you be able to link me directly to the update notice here?

https://community.meister.co/categories/mtannouncements

I use the app for 8 hours a day on 4-5 devices and somehow missed the “pop up” notification on all of them.

• Christian Müller
    edited April 3
    Options

Same here @Peter Davison. I am also using the app every day and never saw a pop up. :(

Sustainable productivity - what do we really need to be productive? And how sustainable is it?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 661 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @Peter Davison ,

the Announcement & Updates category here in the community is great way to stay up-to-date. But even more important are our newsletters. You can see which newsletters you are subscribed to in your MeisterTask account - which is not in the community ;)

Here is guide how to change your email notification setting.

Keep in mind, the pop-ups were only visible to affected users, so if you are on a Basic or Business plan, then they might not have shown up.

• Christian Müller
    Options

@Cornelia Patscheider I get "MeisterTask-Updates" Newsletter in German and just read through the last few editions. I can not find the announcement. Could you tell me when this was sent? I am trying to understand what went wrong in my information workflow that I missed that.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

Hi @Christian Müller ,

could you confirm for me that you are currently on a Pro plan?

• Christian Müller
    Options

Hi Cornelia,

I am on a business plan but I was under the impression that the product newsletters are identical for all users, regardless of their plan. Is this not the case?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

Hi @Christian Müller ,

in our efforts to communicate clearly and only to those who are affected, we had a special edition, that only communicated this exact change. This special edition was sent to all Pro users who used the feature Custom Reports in last six month. We didn't want to "spam" anybody who wasn't affected by this, nor did we want to create any confusion.

• Christian Müller
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, Cornelia. Just a question: How can I subscribe to updates like that? My reasoning: I train and consult clients in the non-profit sector and implement MeisterTask. If such changes occur I should be aware of them, so wont't see it as spamming. :)

Any way to get those plan exclusive updates, even when I am on a business plan?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Options

That is a good question. I am not sure if I can provide a satisfying answer here. Such changes are not the norm, so we deal with this case by case and identify an individual communication plan. So at the moment there isn't a way to customize this.

If you train and consult clients, then we also a Partner Program available. Have you ever considered this in the past? Maybe you could get in touch with our Partner Manager @Julien Savy so see if that is something of interest to you. I think Partners also get individualized communication, so maybe that would be something that could be beneficial.

• Christian Müller
    Options

Thank you, I will look into it.

• Peter Davison
    Options

So the announcement isn’t in the announcement page linked above, it’s only in a newsletter users may or may not be subscribed to?

We were on a pro plan and didn’t have any pop-ups either.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    edited April 4
    Options

Hi @Peter Davison ,

are you sure that you are on a Pro account? I can see next to your name here in the community the tag "EN Business" which indicates that you are on a Business plan. In that case, you would not have received any pop-overs nor the special edition of the newsletter, because this change is not going to affect anyone on the Business plan. So, if you are on a Business plan, then this is good news, because nothing is changing for you.

You can check your plan in your Account > Plans.