🥇 Badge of the Month: Fresh Inspiration/ April

Options
Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,397 Community Admin
edited May 1 in Community Café

Good morning, badge collectors!

Welcome to April's Badge of the Month! As part of our Rewards Program, Badge of the Month gives you an easy way to connect with others, earn a new badge and get 10 points 😃.

Want to know the rules? Check out this post.

Already know the rules? Read on to find out what this month is all about!

Badge of the Month: April 2024

As we embrace the spirit of growth and new beginnings, we invite you to share something that inspires you. It could be a quote, a piece of artwork, a song, or anything else that fills you with inspiration and motivation.

By sharing what moves us, we not only uplift ourselves but also plant seeds of inspiration for others to nurture and grow.

Feel free to kick things off by sharing what inspires you and why. Let's make April a month of blossoming inspiration! 🌷🌱🌸

Tagged:

Comments

• Richard Vitaris
    Richard Vitaris EN Basic Posts: 48 Star Contributor
    Options

Some years ago, I saw a musical called Grey Gardens, based on a book and documentary of the same name. It was about a mother and daughter (Big Edie and Little Edie) who were cousins of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.

What is memorable about the show is the dysfunctional mother/daughter relationship. Little Edie lived her life solely to please her mother, and, in later years, caring for her mother. Little Edie is miserably unhappy and her musical numbers are full of melancholy. The show is haunting.

So what is inspirational about this sad piece? It inspires me to live my own life how I see fit. I don't mean to suggest that the wishes of others are not important to me. They certainly are. But in the final analysis, this show inspires me to always be my own person and make my own decisions, not to just acquiesce to what other people would like me to do.

I have seen people unhappy because they did not make their own career choice, instead following in the footsteps of their parents or family members. Or worse, examples of people who chose to marry someone they didn't love due to familial or societal pressure. Grey Gardens will inspire you to make your own choices in life by showing you what could happen to you if you don't.

The show is not often produced but I listen to the cast recording from time to time and doing so inevitably inspires me to make the decision that is best for me.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Even though I consider myself a down-to-earth person, I really enjoy life's changes. I am driven by curiosity and the desire for challenging adventures that life comes up with anew every day.

It is in our nature to be explorers. The important thing is that we are mindful and respectful of everything that reveals itself to us. I apply this to my everyday life in particular, be it at my agency or in normal life with other people.

I am especially impressed by people from all over the world who have the courage to break new ground and who, despite all the adversities, always decide in favour of peace.

One of my favourite quotes comes from Sir Peter Ustinov:

"Wer auf der Stelle tritt, kann nur Sauerkraut produzieren!"

(freely translated into English:
    "If you tread on the spot, you can only produce sauerkraut!")

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider
    Cornelia_is_OutOfOffice Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 657 Community Admin
    Options

I love this month's topic! 🌻😎

Thanks for sharing your story @Richard Vitaris, I love the takeaway message! I couldn't agree more with you!

And thanks to @Joerg Koper for the great quote, you had me at "sauerkraut", I love it in every shape and form 😁

I am late as always to the party here, but I wanted to share one of my favorite motivation videos. I watch this video every couple of years when I need some motivation and inspiration for my professional development:

https://youtu.be/ji5_MqicxSo?si=ALBlwPn3wbIqU4GM

This discussion has been closed.