Your current browser doesn't have an active PDF viewer

Options
Josh Forbord
Josh Forbord EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

When attempting to open PDF attachments in MeisterTask in Teams, our users are getting an error that "your current browser doesn't have an active PDF viewer".

We don't seem to have issues viewing PDF documents in the web browser otherwise, nor do we have issues opening other PDFs in Teams. I found mentions of this issue from June/July of last year, but no active steps in those threads I could follow to resolve our issue.

Any insights are appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,402 Community Leader
    edited May 8
    Options

Hi @Josh Forbord and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I have tried to replicate the issue, but I can't. Can you please tell us the following?

• Have you tried with an alternative browser?
    • What kind of browser are you using?
    • Have you tried deleting the browser cache?
    • What kind of device (operating system)?

I know that these questions are annoying, but they allow the developers better assistance. I have informed the Meister team meanwhile.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,009 Community Admin
    Options

Hm, I haven't heard of this issue in a while! Sorry fo the frustration.!

+1 on @Joerg Koper 's questions above. This will help us isolate the issue and find a solution!

Best,

Andrew

• Josh Forbord
    Josh Forbord EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

@Joerg Koper We are using Meister within Teams, so changing the browser isn't as straighforward as it seems. Our default browser for our Windows 10 computers is Google Chrome. I have not heard back from our end users if clearing the cache helped but they should have done that by now.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,402 Community Leader
    Options

Good morning, Josh.

Any news about the issue? Please let me know if the problem continues to occur. I'll then inform the team again for you. Keep in mind, that it can be necessary to enable support access in the related accounts.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.