🥇 Badge of the Month: Travel Destinations/ June

Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,601 Community Admin
edited July 24 in Community Café

Good afternoon, badge collectors!

Welcome to June's Badge of the Month! As part of our Rewards Program, Badge of the Month gives you an easy way to connect with others, earn a new badge and get 10 points 😃.

Want to know the rules? Check out this post.

Already know the rules? Read on to find out what this month is all about!

Badge of the Month: June 2024

This June, we're celebrating the spirit of adventure by inviting you to share your favorite travel destination. Whether it's a bustling city, a serene beach, a historic landmark, or a hidden gem, we want to hear about the places that have captured your heart and sparked your wanderlust.

Feel free to kick things off by sharing the name of your favorite travel spot and why it holds a special place in your heart. Let's make June a month of exploration! 🌍✈️🌟

Tagged:

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,467 Community Leader
    edited June 11

Hi @Miša Hennin 👋🙂

My favourite place to be is Scotland 😍 It is my second felt home, where my wife Barbara and I try to be as often as possible. We love the people, the culture and, of course, hiking in the beautiful Scottish nature.

Some people say, it always rains in Scotland but…well…even rain can be a wonderful thing if it looks like that 😉

The scent of the flowers, which are lovingly tended by the locals everywhere, and the mild climate are incomparably beautiful for us, even in a little rain shower.

We have met lovely people from all over the world in Scotland and some of them have become friends to us. By the way…even if you prefer vegan food, you can find some of the best restaurants for vegans there too. One of our favourite feel good locations is "Foodstory Scotland".

If you think this photograph was taken in the Caribbean, you're wrong 😋

The scenery you see here shows the wonderful view over Loch Katrine.

Barbara and I will be back in Scotland in August this year. We are going to meet wonderful friends from the US this year, and we have some nice plans for hikes in Scotland's remote nature again.

No matter where your preferred place on earth may be, I wish you all blessed travels and happy times there 😎

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 185 Mastermind

Hi @Misa Hennin,

After having many great opportunities of travel for both business and pleasure my favourite place has to be New York. There is just something about this city that makes you feel truly alive. The energy is amazing. So many wonderful memories. Spending quite a bit of time there on many occasions I almost felt like a local. On two separate occasions landing at JFK airport coincided with anniversaries of special people in my life who were no longer here but I knew were with me in spirit.

I don't know if I will be fortunate enough to get another opportunity to go back, but if I don't that's ok because it just seems like yesterday that I was there. And we can always travel in our imagination.

Happy travels to everyone.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 669 Community Leader

Hi everyone

First, great places you guys showed us here.

For me it's really hard to say that's may favorite place. 'Cause I like all kind of ouf nice nature and also Cities. What I can say is, that Hawaii was one of the top 3 places i've ever been. The food, the people and the nature are just amazing!

And next to all this, I had such a great time with my family. I will never forget this beautiful journey.

Hope you all are able to see this beautiful island one time.

And now I'm looking forward to discover Canada this year… So maybe the may to 3 change. 😉

Stay curious guys! 😎

Best Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Vasile Stoica
    Vasile Stoica EN Basic Posts: 17 Active Contributor
    edited June 21

Bologna takes the gold! 🏅 This vibrant Italian city is my top pick for June's Travel Destination of the Month. From its rich history and stunning architecture (like the iconic Two Towers, Asinelli and Garisenda, and the imposing Basilica of San Petronio) to its world-renowned culinary scene, Bologna offers a delightful experience for every traveler.

June is the perfect time to visit, with warm, sunny weather ideal for exploring the city's many attractions. Stroll through Piazza Maggiore, the heart of Bologna, admire the medieval architecture, and indulge in the local cuisine at an outdoor cafe.

Known as "La Grassa" (the fat one), Bologna is a foodie paradise. Indulge in tortellini in brodo, tagliatelle al ragù, mortadella, crescentine, and tigelle. Don't miss the Mercato di Mezzo, a bustling food market where you can sample local delicacies like fresh pasta, artisanal cheeses, and cured meats.

Beyond its culinary delights, Bologna boasts a vibrant cultural scene, home to numerous museums, galleries, and theaters. Visit the Pinacoteca Nazionale, a renowned art museum housing masterpieces by Italian artists, or explore the historic Archiginnasio of Bologna.

Explore Bologna this June and discover its many treasures: charming medieval streets, historic landmarks, mouthwatering cuisine, and a lively atmosphere. This city will capture your heart and leave you wanting more!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,601 Community Admin

Wow, I love these ideas!!

@Joerg Koper We've spoken many times about our interest in Scotland and I'm sure we will continue to do so 😁.

@Cathy Fanning I just returned from New York! It's the second time I've been and I think I liked it more this time because it felt less overwhelming. I knew where I was and how to get from A to B. I ate well and did around 25,000 steps a day 😂.

@Rooster McNugget Wowwwww the picture of the hills! Did you take it yourself?

@Vasile Stoica Thanks so much for the specific tips! Bologna has been on my travel list since last year. I want to explore more of Italy because I went to Rome and absolutely adored it.

Thank you all for your great contributions. Feeling very inspired right now!

• Richard Vitaris
    Richard Vitaris EN Basic Posts: 51 Star Contributor

Although @Cathy Fanning has already mentioned New York, I must also do the same, but with a particular emphasis on one area of New York City: Broadway. I am a theatre buff, and despite extremely keen competition from the West End in London, Broadway has the best theatre in the English-speaking world. My first Broadway show was Oliver! which I saw in 1963 with Davy Jones as The Artful Dodger. He later was a member of the Rock band, The Monkees, and co-star of the TV show of the same name. Since then, during regular trips to New York over the last 50 years, I have seen more shows than I can count, many starring Broadway and Hollywood luminaries. New York is the epicenter of the Arts and Culture in the United States and my visits are hardly confined to the Theatre District. But Broadway is the magnet which continues to draw me back and it always will. While some shows are, of course, better than others, Broadway shows are world class. They are simply fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.