Tag Categories

Jakub Strus
Jakub Strus EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner

Currently, MeisterTask allows for the use of tags to categorize and filter tasks. While this feature is useful, I believe it could be further enhanced by introducing the ability to create categories for tags.

Example:
Version: Demo, Release, Post-Release.
Task Complexity: High Complexity, Medium Complexity, Easy Complexity.
Category: Bug, Task, Idea.

Each tag could then be assigned to a specific category.

Here’s some potential benefits:

Enhanced Filtering and Sorting: With tags organized into categories, users could filter and sort tasks not just by individual tags, but by entire categories. This would streamline the process of finding and organizing tasks.

Improved Visual Organization: In task lists and boards, tags from different categories could be visually differentiated using distinct colors or labels, making it easier to identify and manage tasks at a glance. Customizable tag categories could also be displayed in a sidebar or dropdown menu for quick access and overview.

Increased Flexibility and Personalization: By allowing users to define their own tag categories, MeisterTask can cater to a wider range of organizational styles and preferences. This flexibility would be particularly beneficial for teams with diverse workflows and needs. Users could personalize their tag categories to align with their specific industry, project type, or working methodology.

Enhanced Organization: Customizable tag categories would help users keep their tasks better organized and more accessible, reducing the time spent searching for specific tasks.

Improved Productivity: With more efficient sorting and filtering options, users can focus on the most relevant tasks, improving overall productivity.
User Satisfaction: Offering more personalized and flexible organizational tools would likely increase user satisfaction and loyalty.

I believe that adding this feature would make MeisterTask an even more powerful and user-friendly project management tool. I would be thrilled to see this enhancement implemented and am confident that many other users would appreciate it as well.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Tagged:
5 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Piotr Durajewski
    Piotr Durajewski EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

I completely agree with this suggestion. Implementing customizable tag categories would be a game-changer for how we organize and manage tasks on MeisterTask. The ability to sort and filter tasks by category would streamline workflows and make task management significantly more efficient. It would also allow teams to personalize their task management to better fit their unique needs and workflows. This feature would not only enhance productivity but also improve overall user satisfaction with the platform. I highly recommend considering this enhancement.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
    edited July 8

Hi @Jakub Strus and @Piotr Durajewski,

Thanks for your interesting idea! Just so you know, you can actually do this already using tags.

For instance, you could set up 4 tags like Version, Demo, Release, and Post-Release. Just tag each task with "Version" and then add either "Demo", "Release", or "Post-Release" as a second tag. This way, you can easily organize and filter your tasks. In the right sidebar, you can access the filtering options.

Does this help solve your issue? If not, could you give me a few examples of what you need, so I can understand better? Thanks a lot!

• Jakub Strus
    Jakub Strus EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner

Hi @Cornelia Patscheider,

Thanks for your response. I am aware of the tag function, but the issue is that with a larger number of tags, it can quickly become chaotic. Essentially, I think it would suffice to have at least the ability to set the order of tags in the editor. Currently, in my project, I had to add a "z" at the beginning of the tags to make them appear at the end.

Best regards,
    Jakub