Cannot open files and images in notes

Bart Verheecke
Bart Verheecke EN Business Posts: 40 Star Contributor

Since a few weeks I can no longer open any file added to our notes. This applies to all file types (PDF, PPT, … )and even embedded images. When I click them either one of these things happens:
- nothing
- a white page opens (with the URL of the containing note)
- the note scrolls to the top

I have this issue on several machines (Windows and Mac) and on different networks and browsers. When I ask colleagues to log into my machine, they also experience the issue so it's not linked to my account. The iOS app works fine.

I'm trying to understand how widespread this issue is, as for now Notes is completely useless for me. MeisterTask works just fine.

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader

Hi @Bart Verheecke 👋🙂

That's indeed strange. I can't reproduce this issue either. Files and Images open pretty normal.

I'll inform the team. Can you please enable support-access?

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,615 Community Admin

Hi,

Thanks Jörg for your support. In addition to support access, it'd be great if you could share a screenshot or screenrecording of the error in dev console.

To open the developer console in Google Chrome, open the Chrome Menu in the upper-right-hand corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux).

Best,