Attachments overhaul - better labels, change order

Jasper Driessen
Jasper Driessen EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited August 13 in MeisterTask Feature Board

Hi,

I've been using Meistertask for years and years now. I love it.
My only pet peeve is attachments. You can add attachments to a task, but that's about as far as the functionality goes. If you've added multiple attachments to the same task, good luck referencing to any of them.

I have some suggestions to improve it tenfolds.

#1: When uploading an attachment through any method, you get a popup that says something along the lines of 'Name your attachment' with a text field where you can…name your attachment. Perhaps give it a max. char. to prevent any display issues.

#2 Allow simple drag & drop ordering. Sometimes you want to easily group certain attachments. Currently this is only possible by carefully uploading the attachments in a specific order, if you mess up, you have to start over. That's far from ideal. If you can just drag & drop attachment, as you can with tasks, it would make ordering attachments so much easier.

# 3 An added bonus would be the possibility to reference/link to attachments within that task. For example in a text:

Please change the order page to example provided here: Title 4.
Then when clicking it, it could open the attachment as it would normally.

Hopefully this is something you can implement. I love Meistertask but i feel like development is lacking behind a bit. It would be a shame if that meant people would switch to alternatives.

1 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
    edited August 14

Hi @Jasper Höhne ,

thanks for the great ideas! I totally agree, I think there is definitely room for improvement when it comes to attachment.

I just want to point out some tips regarding your first and third points: You can actually already rename the document and reference it in the comments easily. I use these features all the time, so I can very much relate that you are wanting to use them too.

• Here is a guide how to rename the attachments. However, is not displayed like you showed in the screenshot, though. I totally agree that this would be very helpful.
    • Here is a guide how to reference the attachment

I hope that helps.

• Jasper Driessen
    Jasper Driessen EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here

I was not aware of the current possibility to reference to attachments.
    That's nice and will save me some time/hassle for the time being.

Hopefully the other suggestions can be implemented in time.

Thanks!