duplicate a project into the future (yearly)

Mareike Landmann
Mareike Landmann DE Business Posts: 2 New Here

Hello everyone,
we are trying to use MeisterTask for a lengthy project spanning roughly three years.
We will work on similar projects in the future. So I would like to duplicate the existing project and automatically project it one year into the future.
To illustrate: the first project will be from 2025 to 2027. The future project would be from 2026 to 2028. Thus, I would like to change all due dates and start and end dates I have set for tasks from 2025 to 2026, 2026 to 2027, 2027 to 2028. E.g. a due date set to 30.09.2025 in the first project automatically changes into 30.09.2026. A timeframe for a task set to 01.08.2027 - 31.08.2027 will automatically turn into 01.08.2028 - 31.08.2028.
Is there a way to do this yet? Would this be something others found helpful, too?
Best, Mareike

Tagged:

Answers

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi @Mareike Landmann ,

I would start by creating a template. After creating the ideal project board, I would duplicate it, and use the duplicate for the first project from 2025 to 2027. You can name the original board "Template". When 2026 comes around, you can duplicate the "Template" easily.

If all dates need to be adjusted by a set period of time, then you can use the automation "update due date" in each column, so quickly adjust the dates in each task in the column.

• Mareike Landmann
    Mareike Landmann DE Business Posts: 2 New Here
    edited August 30

Hi Cornelia,
    thanks for your answer.
    I have looked into the due date automation.
    Unfortunately, in our project the due date is not the same for every task in the column. If I understand correctly, I can set an automation for the same due date for every task in the column. If they differ, I will have to adjust manually. Is that correct?
    I would need an automation that reads 'adjust due date for this column 365 days into the future'. Thus, the project would keep the correct time spans between the due dates of different tasks while adjusting the year of the project.
    Is the "template" a specific kind of project that I have not found in the menu yet or is it simply the first project we designed as a basic structure?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi @Mareike Landmann,

Yes, you understood the automation correctly. The automation adjust the due date for every task in the column. You will have to do it manually if they differ.

There is an automation that says "Update due date" > Due in 365 days. I hope this helps. That means in 365 from now on you can create the automation in the original template and update the due dates faster.

At the moment, there is no automation available that triggers an action in 365 days from now.

The template is not a specific kind of project, it is normal one, that you call and treat like a template as a basic structure.