Vertical scrolling

Rasmus Nielsen
Rasmus Nielsen EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner
edited September 6 in Ask the Community

In Edge when I try to scroll down, the tasks move up so it is really hard to go through my tasks. What happens?

Answers

• Rasmus Nielsen

It only happens in Edge connected via a Citrix connection.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,001 Community Admin

Hi @Rasmus Nielsen ,

are you talking about a project with tasks in MeisterTask OR a mind map in MindMeister?

I am not sure what you mean by "when I try to scroll down, the tasks move up". For me that seems normal behavior. What behavior would you expect here? Could you send a video?

• Janosch Jung
    Janosch Jung DE Pro Posts: 6 Beginner

Hello,
    We also have this problem in our company.
    When scrolling with the mouse wheel or touchpad, it always jumps back and forth when scrolling vertically. See attached video.
    Strangely enough, we only have the problem when we work via our remote desktop connection (which is the default case). When I am local on the laptop I don't have the problem. I have also tried it with different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge). Always the same error pattern. It works locally and then jumps again in the remote session.
    Has anything been changed in the MeisterTask scroll function ( for example, smooth scroll or other effects)?

Many thanks in advance!

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,001 Community Admin

Hi @Janosch Jung ,

thanks for the video! Wow, that looks weird. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, this is the first time I've seen this, so I don't have any recommendations how to solve this. I would recommend contacting Meister's Support Team and explain the issue in detail.

When you contact support, it'd be great to include as much information as possible, so that someone can try to understand the situation in detail:

• include which accounts and projects are affected
    • explain it details
      • when does this issues occur, how many tasks are in the section
      • are you using the web browser, or any apps
      • what you have tried so far
    • Please enable access to your account. You can find a guide how to do this here: How to- Enable Access
    • Please send a screenshot or video with the developer console open. To open the developer console in Google Chrome, open the Chrome Menu in the upper-right-hand corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux).

• Rasmus Nielsen

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. It is exactly the same issue I experience through our Citrix connection (remote connection to company network).

I contact Meister's support team.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

• Rasmus Nielsen

I will let you know here what the answer is.

• Rasmus Nielsen

I have a workaround: CTRL+left mousebutton on task select task, and then you can scroll up and down with arrow buttons.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 671 Community Leader

I do also have this issue since a few days. I thougt, until now, that's because of a bad Wifi.

Do you already know @Cornelia Patscheider what the problem is?

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Cornelia Patscheider

Hi @Rooster McNugget ,

to be honest, I haven't seen this issue before. At the moment, I don't know what could cause this. I am glad that Rasmus has found a quick workaround. I also tried that workaround, and it works very nicely.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 671 Community Leader

Hi @Cornelia Patscheider

would like to know if you guys found a solution for this issue already? Cause it's very tedious if you go through the task and it jumps up or down the whole time.

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Cornelia Patscheider

Hi @Rooster McNugget ,

at the moment, it seems like this issue is only affecting a very small amount of users. We only had four users reporting this issue so far. The team is still trying to pin down the issue here.

So, if you haven't reported it yet, then I would encourage everyone to reach out to the Support Team and inform them that you are facing this issue. The MeisterTask team is prioritizing those cases that are most critical or affect many users.