The Ability of to Change SubFormat on a Map has Been Eliminated?

I can no longer change a submode to a new format. My favorite map structure is org change with List format on the sub level. It doesn't appear that you can do this anymore and I find it really frustrating. Why was this decision made? Frustrating as ****.

3 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• ■---▷ ● !
    ■---▷ ● ! EN Business Posts: 3 Beginner
    edited October 10

I share your frustration, Mark, and many users as well. My understanding is that this valuable feature will come back soon. It couldn't be taken away at a worse time, as I needed to map business tax liabilities before the October 15 IRS Extension deadline. Frustrating. The attached illustration shows my last map using the Org / List node radiant use.

• Alex Carnier
    Alex Carnier EN Basic Posts: 2 Beginner

That's it!!! I come here in this community to solve this problem.

This resource is crucial to organize big maps, avoiding a horrible horizontal spread.

There is an answer about this topic, Mind Meister Team?

• Mark McMillan
    Mark McMillan EN Basic Posts: 6 Beginner

I am so grateful that I am not the only one. I love your big map — love it. I have some similar and this is my favorite format for organizing everyday maps that need a ton of detail. Come on Mindmeister! Please fix this ASAP. For the first time in 15 years I ran a search for online mind mapping software. I don't want to change but this will make me if it takes too long.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 999 Community Admin

Hi everyone,

I’ve got an update from the MindMeister team that I think you’ll be excited about.

Mixed layouts are back: Many users missed combining Org Charts with Lists, so it's back! However, we are still very conscious that mixed layouts often led to overlapping elements in the past, so we are trying to find a good solution that offers flexibility but also avoids overlapping topics.

If there are other layout combinations you find helpful, please follow this thread and post your feedback at the end of that thread. I’m here to collect your thoughts and pass them on to the MindMeister team.

• ■---▷ ● !
    ■---▷ ● ! EN Business Posts: 3 Beginner
    edited October 11

Thank you for caring, MM team. You make a positive difference in this world.