How can I add due date and other task details from the Outlook Add-in?

Options
yves reymond
yves reymond DE Pro Posts: 3 Beginner
edited December 2022 in Ask the Community

I create some tasks in Meistertask by using the outlook Add-in.

Unfortunately, I didn't find a way to enter the details of the tasks like due date etc. This oblige me to go to Meistertask and re-open the task to put all the details. There is no other possibility?

Thanks for your help

Best Answer

• Marlene Lechner
    Marlene Lechner Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 54 Success Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kiedom

it's great that you managed to install the Outlook Add-in!

The way the add-in currently works is you can add the contents of any email (including attachments and images) to a task without ever leaving your Outlook Inbox. If you want to set a due date, add checklists or write additional comments for your colleagues, you will have to go to MeisterTask in your browser or desktop app.

However, I think what you are proposing is a great idea! You could post this as a feature request in the community and you will for sure get an upvote on it from me :)

Best,

Marlene

Answers

• Marlene Lechner
    Marlene Lechner Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 54 Success Manager
    Options

Hi @Kiedom, great to have you in our community!

MeisterTask's Microsoft Outlook add-in allows you to create new tasks and add to your existing tasks without leaving your Outlook.

This article in our MeisterTask Help Center guides you through the process of how to setup the add-in and then add details to your tasks directly from Outlook: https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015802199-Microsoft-Outlook-Add-in#h_01FF24F693E6KBPYKXGWRR4EPX

Let me know if that helps :)

Best,

Marlene

• yves reymond
    yves reymond DE Pro Posts: 3 Beginner
    Options

Hi

I manage the add-in but as I don't see a possibility to work on the task like set a due date, and all the thing we do normally. Without that we loose a lot of time going on Meistertask, looking for the task, open it and complete it.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Kiedom, and welcome in this community! 👋

I agree with you. It would be very useful if you could add every thing to the task when creating in outlook.

I think you should make a feature request for this! 👍️ Would give you my vote!

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!