Can I use private notes in a task?

Options
iuow_qdsuf84
iuow_qdsuf84 EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Sometimes we need talk with private notes in task between the team (Our customer has access to the proyect). Is there any role / configuration to use private notes in task?

Best Answer

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @iuow_qdsuf84 welcome to the community 😃

The scope of access to tasks by users of the project are determined by the role each user is assigned in the project itself. I mean, there is no discrimination of access level from task to task.

Having said that, I guess my approach to your challenge would be one of the following two options:

Option #1

In case of "private notes" that are not too voluminous and need to be seen only by team members of a project.

• Assign the customer a role access of "Guest".
    • Put those "private notes" in the project's description which are not accessible by "Guests".

You can find an overview of MeisterTask Roles and Permissions here, and a specific article about the "Guest" role here.

Option #2

In case of "private team conversations" that need to happen in a MeisterTask project where the customer has any type of role.

• Enable the Slack integration inside your MeisterTask project.
    • Set up a private channel for the project where only your team has access.
    • Let team conversations flow in Slack, and official comments for the customer in each task's comment section.

I hope it helps, best regards 👍

Andrés D'Andrea.

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.