Density setting like Gmail - with options like default, comfortable and compact

Options

This would allow for good looking spacing on some maps (default) and the ability to tighten spacing / fit more info in a smaller space on crowded maps.

Tagged:
10 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Nathanael Coyne
    Nathanael Coyne EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 56 Star Contributor
    Options

Yes I like this idea. Another mind mapping tool I've used had the ability to set vertical and horizontal spacing in pixels, but I'm very ok with three options like you suggested.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @brian_dl

Nice idea! I'm in! 👍️

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Indeed, good idea for big maps!

Upvoted ⬆

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    Options

Hir @brian_dl , potentially this is a super interesting request. Adding to the focus mode and presentation mode (😭 hope still is last to die), another option to view and concentrate on different parts of a map. It should very much add to orientation and eagle perspective. You got my vote.😃

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

+1 Big fan of this suggestion as well a similar one from @NathanaelCBR in this post here!

Curious @NathanaelCBR if you also imagine your idea of a compact auto-layout to be similar to this suggestion? If yes, we might consider combining these threads to combine the votes and get more dev attention to this request.

• Nathanael Coyne
    Nathanael Coyne EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 56 Star Contributor
    Options

@Andrew Lapidus There's definitely a way the feature requests could be combined because the default | comfortable | compact settings would have to be applied to the manual positioning override that my feature request is about.

For this feature request it's purely about auto-alignment and spacing between topics and children, and siblings:

So if I wanted to manually override the position of one child in the above diagram, the default | comfortable | compact settings should still apply to prevent nodes and lines clashing:

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,385 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @brian_dl and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I join the other comments and I'm in too 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Thanks so much for the extremely clear explanation! Moving forward with this internally 💪