🧠 Project Template of the Month: Common Core Aligned Network (Academia/Research)

Options
Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,363 Community Admin
edited November 2023 in Get Inspired

Hey!

This academic project board was inspired by the EU Network of Academics 🤓. It acts as a network for academics from different universities working on trans-disciplinary research.

You might remember how the different branches in @fionaburke's educational mind map linked to different sections of a MeisterTask project - it’s exactly these sections that we’ll be looking at today!

With this static project, academics across the globe align to reach a common project objective while working on their independent tasks 📚.

Devoted to defining workflow, the first section is limited to one explanatory task: this is exceptionally useful as a reference when onboarding new team members 🤝. The subsequent sections are "work packages": mini-projects with specific objectives and teams. The first task of each section defines roles and ownership; the second Overview task outlines objectives. All following tasks correspond to the outlined objectives 🤯.

Sounds like a lot? Import the json file attached below to your own MeisterTask account to explore Fiona's board independently.

💡 More info on importing project templates can be found here. Note: Automations won't be imported and will have to be set up manually. You can find out more about automations here.💡

Project Boards Highlights

Restricting Access to Sensitive Information

When tasks are moved to the WP3 section, they are automatically transferred to the Inbox section in a separate WP3 project using the Move Task automation. Fiona enabled roles and permissions in the WP3 project to restrict access to the sensitive information. 

Using Tags to Allow Easy Filtering

Fiona has added tags such as "Pending", "In Progress" and "Done - Needs Approval" for quick filtering. Project members can use the filter menu on the right to instantly see only the tasks that are tagged with one of these statuses. With this knowledge, you can devote more time to tasks that need it. Remember, tags are increasingly useful for organization as your project grows and the number of tasks within it rises. 

Loading Checklist Templates for Quality Control

Sometimes the same steps need to be taken in a variety of tasks, this is where checklist templates can be really useful for saving time and ensuring quality. Fiona created two checklist templates in this project: Agenda Points and Feedback Review. Collaborators can load these checklists into any relevant task, ensuring important points aren't overlooked and quality is consistent across the project.

Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Comments

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor
    Options

Hi!

I don't actually partake in any projects like this and I'm also pretty far from the EU Network BUT I think my colleagues in higher education would love this board. A few of my professor friends are working on historical research in preparation for a book - they're all taking slightly different angles to a singular theme. I think this is where a board like this would come in really useful.

I also love the 'restricted section' - this is something I could definitely incorporate into my own shared boards + classes.

Thanks!

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Miša,

thanks for sharing this super board. I especially like the WP3 automation with the restricting access area. Something I didn't think about yet. So thank you! 🤗

Will definitely download and have a look. Maybe I can still adapt something in my boards.

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,363 Community Admin
    Options

Hey @Emily - I agree. But I also think this board could be adapted to a variety of collaborative work. For example, even if research isn't directly connected, a shared board would allow everybody's process to be centralised so you could just stay up to date with what others are doing even if it doesn't impact your own work. I guess that's what I like about it - something similar could even be used as a sort of personal diary to share with your friends maybe?

Yes @Rooster McNugget both Andrew and I were very impressed by Fiona's use to the WP3 automation! I've not seen it before so was really pleased when she shared and demonstrated it. Let me know what you think if you have more of a look or any other thoughts!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,381 Community Leader
    Options

Hi guys 👋🙂

I like @fionaburke's example and the explanation from @Miša very much. We can see how flexible MeisterTask can be used for nearly every kind of team projects 👍️

We have implemented the "move task" automation in some of our project boards too. Especially when tasks have to be moved from a project to the accounting of my agency. I have recommended a similar workflow for the use in a car dealership some weeks ago too.

Best, jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister fĂĽhre ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops fĂĽr die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Jörg Koper and thanks for sharing that use case. I can imagine the "move task" automation really simplifies processes when it comes to things like accounting. And thanks for the link!

Best,