Resize columns in Meister Task

Options
montgojames
montgojames EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

I couldn't find a way to resize the columns in Task. As a result, they're not wide and leave a lot of dead space on the page that could be used otherwise. With wider columns, I could also see more Tasks listed on the main page. For the same reasons, I would like to remove the "Add Section" column (adding a small button for this function somewhere else should suffice).

Tagged:
4 votes

Already offered · Last Updated

Comments

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hello and welcome and welcome to the community! 👋

Unfortunately you can't change the column width. 

The empty space I found at the beginning also a bit inappropriate, but that's only because you have only a few columns. As soon as you have more columns you will not have this empty space anymore. Example from me:

For me personally, the width of the column fits. But definitely give you my vote, because it can't hurt to be able to change the width of the columns. 👍️

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Mohammed Al Attia
    Mohammed Al Attia EN Business Posts: 1 Beginner
    Options

That option is in fact available under the preferences menu.

• Tamara Nölke
    Tamara Nölke DE Business Posts: 3 Beginner
    Options

I agree. Therefore I add several columns named e. g. "in progress", so I can see more tasks at a glance. It would be nice if its possible to enlarge the column the double, triple etc. width of a task width.

• Douglas Boyce
    Douglas Boyce MT Tester, EN Pro Posts: 20 Star Contributor
    Options

@Rooster McNugget There is a slight work around to making the column smaller. You can double click on the column header and make it vertical instead of hortizonal.

I use this all the time in my projects for swim lanes that I do not need to use that day, week, or month.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Douglas Boyce

Thanks for the hint. I know that. I'm using it almost every day. 👍️

I thought you were looking for a way to reduce the columns according to your "wish". Similar to an Excel spreadsheet, for example. 😉

Have a great weekend! Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!