Group Chat for Collaboration

Would be helpful to be able to have real time chats with team members as we are working on the mind map. A text box like an instant messenger type communication would be most helpful..

2 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

Hi @Vlv0017 👋🙂

That's for sure a nice feature request...But...I'm afraid, that's for sure a lot of programming too 😋

You can already add comments to topics for team communication. I think that's the best way to discuss within MindMeister. But if you would love to have a live chat, programmes like Slack are a very good alternative for effective team communication with lots of functions, that Meister not offers that way.

The biggest risk with live chats, in my view, is that members quickly lose themselves in endless conversations.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Vlv0017
    Vlv0017 EN Basic Posts: 3 Beginner

Perhaps when leaving a note we can do an "at mention" to the person needing to be addressed? I am working on a small project with 2 other team members and it would be most helpful to be able to tag the other person in the note so they will know who is being addressed. In Facebook for example we use the "@" symbol when needing to target a particular person.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited February 2023

You're absolutely right @Vlv0017 👍️

In MeisterTask it's also possible to mention team members via the "@" symbol. So it would be a great advantage to implement it in MindMeister too.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

I definitely agree that the @-mention function should be introduced to MindMeister! +1 for that idea. 👍

I also wanted to point out that we usually use comments to collaborate and converse within mind maps, since this makes it easy to track a conversation and see who said what (in contrast to notes, which just offer a space for additional info in the map).

You can also set your preferences to get notified whenever a comment is made on a map: https://support.mindmeister.com/hc/en-us/articles/218435767-Change-Notification-Settings