💡 Feature idea: Chat function within projects and overall

Samuel Schläpfer
Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

What I miss a bit in MT is a chat function where I can ask small questions within the team that concern the daily routine and not a specific project. For example, "When do you want to meet at the client's and should we go out for dinner first?"

At the same time, I would welcome a chat function that is within a project. Only the people who have something to do with this project can be reached via chat message. You could also ask small questions like: "Can you please upload the photo of the white board to the "Register A"". This way you don't always have to read through comments on larger projects within a tab that actually have nothing to do with the task at hand.

Or is there already an established "solution" that I haven't thought of yet?

Best regards,

Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

5 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited November 2022

Hi @Rooster McNugget 👋🙂

MeisterTask has been developed primarily for effective project- and taskmanagement. My team and i use the comment function for short messages etc. If we have planned a web-meeting, we insert the specific meeting-link via text formatting in the comments as well.

If you'd like to use a chat program in combination with MeisterTask you can of course use the slack integration. Slack offers a lot of functions.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    edited November 2022

Hallo @Jörg Koper

Vielen Dank für deine Antwort.

Mein Ziel ist es, grundsätzlich möglichst wenig Apps/Programme zu nutzen. Wir nutzten zur Zeit Microsoft Teams als «Kommunikations-Plattform».

Gleichzeitig ist es ebenfalls mein Ziel, innerhalb einer Aufgabe nur aufgabenrelevante Infos in den Kommentaren zu notieren. Dies, damit der Mitarbeiter nicht zuerst einen «Chat-Verlauf» durchlesen muss, bis er die wichtige Info zur Aufgabe findet.

Es wäre einfach praktisch, alles in einer App/Software zu haben. OK, gebe es zu! Ist natürlich auch etwas meine Bequemlichkeit die sich das wünscht... 😉

Grüsse, Samuel

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Definitely an interesting and intriguing idea, @Rooster McNugget - this is a topic that has actually repeatedly come up internally at Meister!

I do definitely agree with @Jörg Koper here about the current state of the Meister Suite - our tools don't (and aren't currently meant to) fully replace a chat tool, especially when it comes to messages that don't directly relate to a task. Internally, we use Slack and the MeisterTask Slack integration to communicate about other issues.

BUT: This idea is repeatedly raised internally and is actually a current area of research for our product teams! As our head of product stated, "Currently, a lot of our internal conversations and comments don't happen within our tools but on Slack. Why is that? What could we do to elevate our tools to bring more of the collaboration within meister?" I find both of your opinions super interesting on this - I'd love to hear other user's feelings on more communication within Meister's tools!

Best, Andrew

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

Hello @Rooster McNugget welcome to the Community!

Yes indeed, there's a solution for these issues you can implement today, it's called MeisterTask integration with Slack.

Recently, I published a post here where I talk about 6 challenges we all face while leading teams and companies; it's titled:

6 Tactics To Establish A Culture Of Accountability In Your Company With MeisterTask Business

The first challenge that I address in the PDF included with that post has to do exactly with your feature request.

I elaborate on how the current integration of Slack with MeisterTask serves as a wonderful solution you can implement today to acquire all the functionality you described in your feature request, and much more!

For example:

• Public channels for discussions with your customers.
    • Private channels for discussions only with your team.
    • Project channels for discussions only with project collaborators.

Additionally:

• Receive Daily Task Summaries in Slack
    • Receive MeisterTask Notifications in Slack
    • Create Tasks in Slack
    • Comment on Tasks in Slack

I hope you find this information useful.

Please send me a direct message in case you need help integrating Slack with your MeisterTask account, since that's what we use internally in our company; I know a couple of tips and tricks 😉

PS: you sign your posts with a Spanish name (Samuel)… Do you speak Spanish? I do 😀, so just in case, you can find the same info in Spanish as well 👇️

6 Problemas Que Dañan La Cultura De Responsabilidad En Tu Empresa

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Joerg Koper
    edited November 2022

Hi Samuel (@Rooster McNugget),

ich kann deinen Standpunkt absolut nachvollziehen. Bei uns werden die Kommentare auch nur auf das Wesentliche reduziert. Generell sehe ich es aber auch so, dass zu viel Kommunikation via Chats zu viel Zeit frisst. Das ist so ein bissel wie mit unnötigen Meetings etc. 😉

Vielleicht schaust du dir nochmal MeisterNote an. Da lassen sich ganz hervorragend auch Brainstormings durchführen und Wissensdatenbanken im Team erstellen.

Schöne Grüße, Jörg

---

For our english speaking friends 😊

I understand your point of view. In our case, the comments are also reduced to the essentials. In general, I also think that too much communication via chats eats up too much time. It's a bit like unnecessary meetings, etc. 😉

You may also like to take a look at MeisterNote. It's an excellent tool for brainstormings and for creating knowledge databases in a team.

Best regards, Jörg

Translated with DeepL

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader

I guess we all were writing here at the same time 😀

@Rooster McNugget I share your thoughts regarding the simplicity of the tech stack, the fewer programs needed for daily ops, the better. Until the day Meister comes up with a chat solution, I guess we'll have to depend on the comments section of each task, and Slack.

@Andrew Lapidus having a chat solution made by Meister would be absolutely wonderful. Actually, according to me, the couple of tools needed to complete the 5 Pointed Star of the Meister Logo are:

• An integrated chat solution similar to Slack
    • An integrated time management solution similar to Clockify

@Jörg Koper 100% agree with you: anything that can save an unneeded meeting is a blessing.

Best regards.

Andrés D'Andrea

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Samuel Schläpfer

Vielen Dank für die vielen und schnellen Rückmeldungen. Einfach toll wie das hier funktioniert! Bin begeistert!

@Jörg Koper er, bin ganz deiner Meinung betreffend Zeitverbrauch von Chat-Nachrichten. Es sollte schon so sein, dass hauptsächlich über die Projekte geschrieben wird. Dennoch würde es einiges erleichtern, wäre die Funktion in MT integriert.

Habe MT auch schon in Microsoft Teams integriert. War aber nur mässig zufrieden, ist einfach nicht ganz das gleiche. Und wie gesagt, halte mich bei Programmen an den Leitsatz: «Weniger ist mehr». Auch in Bezug auf die Mitarbeiter. Wir wollen auch nicht, dass sie mehrere Apps auf dem Mobile Phone haben müssen um Ihre Arbeit machen zu können.

Werde mir deinen Vorschlag mit MeisterNote einmal anschauen. Danke für den Tipp. 👍️

• Samuel Schläpfer

@Andres D'Andrea , danke für den Hinweis mit Slack. Habe die Integration bereits ausprobiert. Aber wie bereits erwähnt, möchte ich möglichst wenig Apps/Programme nutzen. Auch unsere Mitarbeiter sollen nicht täglich in 2, 3 oder mehr Apps schauen müssen um Ihren Job zu machen. Gleichzeitig gibt es mit einer Integration von einer oder mehreren Apps/Programmen, aus meiner persönlichen Sicht und Erfahrung, auch vermehrt Synchronisationsprobleme.

PS: Kann leider kein spanisch 😉. Gerne aber auf englisch oder deutsch. 😊

• Joerg Koper

Kein Thema @Rooster McNugget 👍️

Wenn noch irgend etwas sein sollte, steht dir die Community auch weiterhin gerne zur Seite.