changing my permission as the owner

Mozhgan Amiri
Mozhgan Amiri EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited June 20 in Ask the Community

hi. I accidentally changed my account type to member, while i have made this board. now the board has no admin and I need to change my type to admin again but it is not possible. I think it is not reasonable to have no admin and certainly this should not be an option when you are the owner.

anyway I need to remove someone from the board but I cant. please help me to change my permission.

Answers

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 671 Community Leader

Hi @Mozhgan Amiri

Take a look at this description HERE. I guess this should help you out.

If not, less us know! 😉

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Mozhgan Amiri

hello thank you for your answer. But this is not what I'm looking for. I need to change my own permission as the owner to admin. it wan a mistake and now i am a member and there is no admin on the board

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi @Mozhgan Amiri , could you send a screenshot? so we can see what you mean?

If you are currently a project member and want to be a project admin, then you need to ask another project admin to change your role.

• Mozhgan Amiri

hi. see I made this project and i am the manager. one day accidentally by the app I changed my permission to member and everybody else is member too. so there is no admin in the board right now. where do you want a screenshot from?

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi @Mozhgan Amiri ,

that's interesting. To be honest, every project should have at least one project admin. So if you see that there is no admin at the moment, then I would consider this a bug. I was wondering if you could send a screenshot of the project settings where you changed the permissions.

If you can find someone else on this list who has an Admin role, then this person can easily give you the role Admin. If nobody else is an Admin though, then you would need to reach out to the Meister Support, maybe they can make you Admin again. You can see how to contact Support here.

• Mozhgan Amiri

hello yes this is 100% a bug. and there is no admin. thank you i will ask them