assigned_to_id created task

Joseph Nalbone
Joseph Nalbone EN Pro Posts: 5 New Here

Hello,

I use the meistertask api to create a task on a specific section.

The task is created correctly but I would like to assign it to a person in my team by default.

I have seen in the documentation: https://developers.meistertask.com/reference/post-task

That it is possible to assign a task to a person with the parameter: assigned_to_id

However, I can't find the IDs of the members of my meistertask. Do you know how to find this information?

Thank you

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader
    edited September 16

Hi @Joseph Nalbone 👋🙂

I have tried to find the corresponding information for you.

Can you please try the following steps?

1. Retrieve list of project members: Use the API endpoint GET /projects/{project_id}/memberships from the MeisterTask API. Replace {project_id} with the ID of the project in which you are looking for the member IDs.
    2. Execute API call: This API call will give you a list of all the members of the project along with their details, including the user_id.
    3. Identify ID of the desired member: In the API response, you will find the user_id for each member. This is the ID that you can use for the assigned_to_id parameter to assign tasks.

Here is an example of the API call:

GET https://www.meistertask.com/api/projects/{project_id}/memberships
    Authorization: Bearer YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN

Replace YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN with your valid API token.

After executing the call, you will receive a response in JSON format containing, among other things, the user IDs. You can then use the corresponding user_id to assign the task.

Is that working for you?

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joseph Nalbone
    Joseph Nalbone EN Pro Posts: 5 New Here

Thank you for your time,

With more research I found the solution with your feedback

Thank you

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader

Hi Joseph, you're very welcome.

Great to see that you solved the problem. 🙂

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.