Bulk Exporting / Backups in MeisterNote

Dessy Prasad
Dessy Prasad EN Business Posts: 69 Star Contributor

One of the key features I'd like to suggest is the ability for us to bulk export/download our notebooks and backup the data. We always try to keep backups for everything and, right now, have no way of doing this for MeisterNote.

Tagged:
13 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Peter McCarthy
    Peter McCarthy MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 28 Star Contributor

I second that. We now have so many Notes and the value of the information is significant!

• Dessy Prasad

Same here! We've been hard at work for the past few months consolidating and creating these how-to's. Having backups and export options would definitely create peace of mind.

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Agreed @PeterM and Dessy - data stored in notes and workspaces is of course extremely secure, but exporting to a local drive into various formats (or as a mass backup to local servers, as in MeisterNote) seems more than reasonable! I'll talk to our MN product lead and update you all with more information as I have it.

• Dessy Prasad

Thanks @Andrew Lapidus! Out of all the ideas I posted, this one is the one that's most important for our firm. Really looking forward to it!

• Peter McCarthy
    Peter McCarthy MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 28 Star Contributor

Thank you!

• Mark Armstrong
    Mark Armstrong EN Business Posts: 9 Active Contributor

Could it be possible to add a way to bulk download all notes to keep an offline backup? 🤔

• Andrew Lapidus

Bumping this request again for more visibility, since @Dessy Prasad so elegantly described why it was important to her organization in a company-wide meeting. Thanks so much for taking the time, Dessy 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏

• Dessy Prasad

Thank you, @Andrew Lapidus. Very much appreciated!

• Alexander Rudolph
    Alexander Rudolph EN Pro Posts: 3 Beginner

I love this idea and sure hope we get a feature like that soon! It would greatly improve our security!

I'd like to add that having an API for things like that would also be quite nice, so that monthly/weekly/daily backups can be automated!

• Dessy Prasad

Hi All - Following up on this thread. Today, we found out somebody accidentally deleted a bunch of paragraphs from an article. This is the issue I was fearing and we don't have a backup to obtain the data back from so I'm trying to expedite this. I think this is one of the most important features needed right now on MeisterNote that's missing.

• Andrew Lapidus

@Dessy Prasad sorry to hear about this — are you able to access/restore the deleted content by going into the article's version history?

Let me know if this helps. Regardless, I definitely agree with you that external backups are a necessary feature. I'm referring our project manager to this thread.

Best,

Andrew

• Dessy Prasad

Thanks @Andrew Lapidus - Yes, we were able to restore it. The sooner we can have bulk downloads for entire notebooks/sections though, the more peace of mind it'll be to have a full backup. Thank you!

• Marlene Heinen
    Marlene Heinen DE Business Posts: 36 Active Contributor

Since I have the task to secure our data and have to print to PDF every page once a month 😖. I would be a big fan of this feature 😅. Otherwise, I try to stay short on pages instead of usefull organization in notebooks.🤔

• Dessy Prasad

@Andrew Lapidus Is there an ETA on when bulk downloading notebooks will be available? I need to pick a platform to host our manuals and MeisterNote is the first preference. But it's something I've been asking about for months now and not sure if I can keep holding this off. I'd really like to check in here one more time first but I need to get manuals online sometime in January. I can't do that if there is no bulk downloading feature available.