💡 Feature Request: Drag and drop e-mails into a task as a PDF attachment

Options
Rooster McNugget
Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
edited December 2022 in MeisterTask Feature Board

Hi

I work a lot with e-mails and so it would be very helpful if you could drag 'n' drop e-mails into the individual tasks and they would be saved there automatically as a PDF attachment. If you do that now, the e-mail will be saved as a msg file. And if you wanna read them in MeisterTask, you always have to download them first.

It would save a lot of time if you had the e-mail attached in the task as a PDF file and could open them at any time.

Best,

Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

3 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Options

Cool request, Samuel! The MT Microsoft Outlook Add-in currently allows for e-mails to be attached to a task as an .eml file, (and also for the contents of an e-mail to be added to a task as a comment), but this isn't quite the same as a pdf.

There has been talk about adding a similar functionality to our Gmail add-on. Could I ask which e-mail app you're using?

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 599 Community Leader
    Options

I'm using Microsoft Outlook...

It doesn't has to be a "PDF". It would also work I could see the attachment in a preview or something. I just don't wanna download every e-mail to have a look at it.

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!