🦁 MeisterNote Update: External Sharing is here!

Andrew Lapidus
Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi all! 👋 Today, our MeisterNote product team rolled out a long-awaited feature: External Sharing.

💡 What's new?

Your Notes can now be shared with anyone - even if they aren't a member of your team or don't yet have a MeisterNote account!

❓How can I share my notes?

You can share your MeisterNotes the same way you'd share a MindMeister mind map or MeisterTask project — simply click the Share button in the note editor and enter your invitee's e-mail address:

👥 To manage which users have access to a note:

1. Click the more menu (...) next to the note title in left sidebar.
  2. Select Members from the drop-down menu.

🔮 What's next?

Along with the additional features on our MeisterNote product roadmap (including tables and tables of contents), the team is also planning on iterating on note sharing to make the feature even better:

• Dragging and dropping notes
  • Note duplication (important for template sharing!)

🤔 So, what do you think?

We've made some significant changes to MeisterNote's interface in the last few months - we'd love to know what you think!

User feedback has been very helpful in prioritizing and optimizing the changes we've made, so we'd love to hear from you again. Go ahead and drop our team a comment below!

Best,

Andrew

Comments

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Thanks to the team for their efforts - this was a big blocker for MeisterNote. 😀

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

I do like the opportunity to share notes in MN. Thanks for this upgrade! 👍️

What I don't like is to pay extra for MeisterNote. I pay for the business account and I think if you pay for that the hole Meister Suite should be included.

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader
    edited December 2022

Congrats @Andrew Lapidus

and a big thank you to all the members of the development team. The new features bring so much more possibilities into the daily workflow and for the efficient teamwork in all kind of businesses.

I like the UI and I am very happy to be able to share Notes and Informations with my clients via MeisterNote. Especially to be able to invite Guests is a very powerful feature for me. Many of these Guests are potential customers of my agency and of course of Meister too.

Actually we're also in the process of setting up a new network for our clients, using MeisterTask Boards in particular. Now we can even give our network access to technical papers and instructions that have to be made available online in private. MeisterNote therefore saves us the installation of corresponding website extensions up to the costly rental of additional server capacities.

OK, now it's time for me to spread the good news about the update 😉

Best, Jörg

---

Gratulation Andrew

und ein großes Dankeschön an alle Mitglieder des Entwicklerteams. Die neuen Features bringen so viel mehr Möglichkeiten in den täglichen Workflow und für die effiziente Teamarbeit in jeder Art von Unternehmen.

Mir gefällt das UI und ich freue mich sehr darüber, dass ich über MeisterNote Veröffentlichungen und Informationen mit meinen Kunden teilen kann. Besonders die Möglichkeit, Gäste einzuladen, ist für mich ein sehr mächtiges Feature. Viele dieser Gäste sind potentielle Kunden meiner Agentur und natürlich auch von Meister.

Im Moment sind wir gerade dabei, ein neues Netzwerk für unsere Klientel aufzubauen. Dabei setzen wir insbesondere auch MeisterTask Boards ein. Jetzt können wir unserem Netzwerk sogar Zugriff auf technische Unterlagen und Anleitungen geben, die online, aber dennoch in privatem Rahmen zur Verfügung gestellt werden müssen. MeisterNote erspart uns somit die Installation von entsprechenden Website-Erweiterungen bis hin zur kostspieligen Anmietung zusätzlicher Serverkapazitäten.

OK, jetzt ist es an der Zeit, dass ich die gute Nachricht über das Update verbreite 😉

Beste Grüße, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Oliver Wich
    Oliver Wich DACH Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 80 Star Contributor
    edited December 2022

Very nice! Thank you!

Will there also be "public sharing" available? What if i don't have the email adress of the person and i just want to send a link - like in Mindmeister 🙄

So to be honest, this function doesn't really help me, because i don't have the adresses of the people who might be interessted in my notes ;) So i can't use it for sales or post it on social media.

By the way is there still no possibility to share notes with team-groups? Do i still have to add every person in my team separately? Or did i miss something?

Thank you for your efforts

Oliver

Uspkilling Enthusiast. Empowering a new Generation of Legal Experts.

• Nick Willemsens
    Nick Willemsens EN Basic, MeisterLobster Posts: 7 Success Manager
    edited December 2022

As a Customer Success Manager at Meister, I'm thrilled to have this available in MeisterNote! 🤩

This is only the beginning of our MeisterNote journey, as we continue to expand and explore more possibilities in the future! 🚀

• Olaf Roeb
    Olaf Roeb EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 121 Star Contributor
    edited December 2022

Really great news, @Andrew Lapidus ! As Jörg said, it's a huge step into a way of marketing by mail or maybe LinkedIn Content linked to more, and I can imagine many use cases where these inventions make great sense in education. Now everybody can start and share kind of a public knowledge base or parts of it and even invite new people even without them having Meister accounts(yet!:).

As we are talking about drag and drop, and you mentioned future development, @Nick Willemsens I have a question(feature request?) regarding Web-Research and entry-workflow, because I came to love the clippers in both OneNote and Evernote: Is something like that already on the roadmap of MeisterNote:

• A clipper, where users can directly transfer web content by adding headlines, comments, and tags to their notes like in EverNote, without needing to take their eyes away from the source of the content:

A good clipper might mean a really big investment in development time, but it also streamlines daily comfortable note-taking and research from almost any web-based source without needing to switch between source and MeisterNote, thereby allowing to keep the focus on the content.

I hope nobody feels bad about me mentioning and screenshotting a competitor but of course, they had years and tons of money ahead, and some of their ideas made the top list of productive features.

Best and have a great Christmas, everybody, Olaf

• Christian Müller
    Christian Müller DE Business Posts: 49 Star Contributor

Thank you @Andrew Lapidus and team, that is a really great addition. Will use the new sharing feature on monday for the first time. :)

Sustainable productivity - what do we really need to be productive? And how sustainable is it?

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

@Olaf Roeb - Good ideas are good ideas, no matter where they come from! :D I'll reach out to our team and get back to you on this idea (might also be a great feature request if not already on the roadmap?)

Best,

Andrew

• Bartelby9
    Bartelby9 EN Basic Posts: 1 Beginner

Thanks for the update - I enjoy the opportunity to provide open feedback in the community. It's a great way to transparently develop a young product like MeisterNote.

• Lina
    Lina EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 22 Active Contributor

I'm really pleased about external sharing. Like others have written above I'm also looking forward to public sharing/ link sharing but this is a huge step in the right direction - thanks!

• Tim Strupat
    Tim Strupat DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 21 Active Contributor

I completely agree with you, Oliver. In Notion, you can simply share a Note publicly using a link. Users are then able to read.

Without link-sharing the feature of "public sharing" is not really useful.

Stay enthusiastic and organised!

Tim

• Mark Armstrong
    Mark Armstrong EN Business Posts: 9 Active Contributor

I agree with the need for public sharing of notes without the need for a login, that would be a great feature!

• Joerg Koper

Hi @sozial-pr 👋🙂

can you tell us about your experiences with the feature? How did it work for you?

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Christian Müller
    edited March 2023

Hi @Joerg Koper,

it works semi-good. Don't get me wrong, if we share something externally it works, but the lack of link based sharing for a single note and teh need for a login makes it nearly unusable for us.

Sustainable productivity - what do we really need to be productive? And how sustainable is it?

• Joerg Koper

Hi @sozial-pr,

I totally understand the problem. Same thing here 😉

Most businesses definitely need the feature for public sharing via link.

I think, the dev-team will address this seriously in the next time 🤞

Best, Jörg

• Christian Müller

I hope so, but I am a professional optimist by trade - meaning social worker - so i always hope for the best. :)