Where can I find my deleted notes?

Dessy Prasad
Dessy Prasad EN Business Posts: 69 Star Contributor
edited March 26 in Ask the Community

Hi there,

Where do deleted notes now go. Before the MeisterNote update, they usually went to a Trash area and would be available for 30 days. I can't seem to find that anymore and need to restore a note I deleted.

Thank you,

Dessy

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi all and happy new year from my side as well!

Sorry to hear about this issue @Dessy. I would also suggest @JoiedeVivre's idea. It's a bit unintuitive at the moment, but deleted notes and sub-notes (now called "Pages") are stored in different places in the interface.

If the note you created was a sub-note, it would be located in the "deleted pages" section of the note it was created in.

Can you confirm that your deleted content isn't in this "deleted pages" area? If not, it does sound like you might be experiencing a bug, and I'll forward it to our developers.

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor
  • Dessy Prasad

Thanks @JoiedeVivre. The article is helpful and I followed it but, unfortunately, my deleted note wasn't in there. I decided to test this out and made a new note with some content then deleted that. When I went into the deleted folder, it wasn't there either, nor was it under the archived notes. I'm wondering if there is a bug in the system.

• JoiedeVivre

🤔 Hm.. sorry to hear that didn't fix things. I checked and deleting seems to work on my end. Only thing I could think of would be that deleted sub-notes and notes are stored in different places? @Andrew Lapidus

• Dessy Prasad

@Andrew Lapidus That worked! I see it there now. Is there any timeline on the deleted bin where it permanently deletes after a certain time or do deleted notes always remain in that bin unless moved otherwise?

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Glad to hear that worked! 😀 Sorry for the confusion here.

According to our technical documentation, deleted Notes are stored for 30 days, after which time they are permanently gone. However, deleted sub-notes (now called "Pages") are stored indefinitely in the "Deleted Pages" area of the note which contained them. If you'd like to delete these pages permanently, you'll need to delete the note which contains them.

I see that our external-facing documentation doesn't accurately reflect this - apologies for this, I'll update it ASAP.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help in any other way!

Best,

Andrew

• Dessy Prasad

Great, thanks!

• JoiedeVivre